New member registration - 2 problems

Hi Jon

1. The fields that are required fields in the new account registration are not marked as such.

2. The page following registration as a new member is badly formatted

You are not logged in.
Please use the form in the top right of the screen.

The “the top right of the screen.” is on the LH side of the page while the rest is on the RH side of the page.

Same in IE and Firefox.

73 John GW4BVE

PS please delete bvetest and bvetest2 accounts

In reply to GW4BVE:

OK, I have marked required fields as such.

Also, now I automatically log the new user in and return them to the Edit User form with a welcome message.

please delete bvetest and bvetest2 accounts

This should all be a bit more friendly! Happy to receive additional feedback on this function, especially since it is a very easily forgotten one as one never encounters it as existing users!

Thanks John,

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Hi Jon

Much better but there is still a problem.

I created a new account (BVETEST3) and put up some spots, but SOTAwatch2 will not let me edit or delete those spots…no buttons available. This seems to be only on new accounts. GW4BVE account still works fine. I deleted the spots by logging in using SOTAwatch1…that still works!!!

Sorry will not be available for testing tomorrow…going to get wet and blown away on the hills. Also out in the evening.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

I created a new account (BVETEST3) and put up some spots, but
SOTAwatch2 will not let me edit or delete those spots…no buttons
available.

Are you sure about this? I created an account for myself and did manage to edit and delete spots. Could you try this again?

Sorry will not be available for testing tomorrow…going to get wet
and blown away on the hills. Also out in the evening.

John, you have been magnificent! You have found a stack of stuff that would have been very difficult to manage had hundreds of users been unleashed on the system withouth having them fixed.

Thanks and enjoy the hills!

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Hi Jon

I have emailed you a screen grab of the problem. The screen shows me logged in as BVETEST4 and a spot by BVETEST4 with no edit button.

73 John GW4BVE