New German summits

In reply to DF2GN:

Hi, Klaus, I have worked you often, and will continue to work you when you appear, I always try and work any SOTA activation that I hear on any band that I can work on, taking it for granted that all contacts with other associations involve valid summits, and want to assure you that there is nothing personal intended in any of my contributions to this discussion.

As far as I am concerned this is a discussion about the application of the rules, with no implication of wrong-doing by any German management or participants, because when all is said and done the German rules have been accepted by the Management Team of SOTA. This discussion of the German rules is important at the moment because it impinges on a movement to change the rules that the G Association follows, and if the MT are sufficiently flexible to accept the differences between the rules as set out and the rules that the German Association operates by, then some feel that it should be easier to modify the G rules.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to DF2GN:

I am sorry you are taking this personally Klaus. DM/BW is just the worse example of the issue being identified.

I don’t even blame the DM management team. If there is any blame to be applied it is with the SOTA MT for not managing this situation. I tried to unsuccessfully to resolve this situation privately years ago, but as many people know it is very difficult to get any changes in SOTA.

Don’t shoot the messenger Klaus.

I look forward to working plenty of chasers from GW/SW summits tomorrow.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to DF2GN:
Hi Klaus,

maybe I understand how you feel … but I do not believe any comments here are directed at you or the DM management team.

The above comments are about anomolies and inconsistencies in applying SOTA rules and the responsibility for that must be with the SOTA MT. Until these issues are resolved to the satisfaction of all, then they will NOT go away. DM/BW has been used as an example, that is all, it is NOT a criticism of DM SOTA people and I hope you can recognise this.

Please do not shoot the messenger, the problems are the responsibility of the SOTA MT.

my best 73 Ian

It now has coloured pushpins. Red=10 points. Blue=8 points.
Yellow= the rest.

Would people like me to steal this idea?

Yes it’s a vy good idea !

Alain F6ENO

An update on progress with this issue from the SOTA MT would be appreciated. It is interesting that James M0ZZO feels he is constrained by the SOTA General Rules from adding summits with less than 150m drop, but this restriction does not appear to be enforced for other associations.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

An update on progress with this issue from the SOTA MT would be
appreciated. It is interesting that James M0ZZO feels he is
constrained by the SOTA General Rules from adding summits with less
than 150m drop, but this restriction does not appear to be enforced
for other associations.

I would second that post. It’s definitely time for some form of update.

Keith G8HXE