New G Mountain Goat

Congratulations to Robert G0PEB on his recent elevation!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Excellent News Robert Well Done !!!

Thanks for all the chaser points you gave me on the way

Best 73

Tony

Congratulations Robert !

I was pleased to work you on your Mountain Goat qualifying activation of GW/NW026 and many thanks for all the chaser points you have given me and all the other chasers

73 Graham G3OHC

In reply to G3OHC:
Hi Robert,
Congratulations on your Mountain Goat achievement. I greatly enjoyed meeting you on your qualifying summit. I expect you are the first G to achieve MG while residing ‘offshore’, and I was very impressed with your dedication and determination to complete, despite having to travel a long way to find a mountain.
Very well done.
73, Frank

In reply to G3CWI:
Croeso i Gafr mynyddol newidd. Ardderchog Robat! Diolch am eich holl ymdrechion a pwyntiau.

Dei 2E0DAI

NB Barry GM4TOE - advise priming your pal Paul for help with this award ;¬D

Well done Robert and congratulations on your Mountain Goat activation,allways a pleasure to work you and mny tnx for all the chaser points.73 Don.

Fantastic Robert - I admire your dedication. Congratulations on achieving your Mountain Goat this week and thank you for all the chaser points gained along the way.

Phil

An excellent achievement Robert - well done. I noted your push on to the “winning post” and see you had a ball up on Mynydd Mawr with Team CFJ. Presumably you found somewhere suitable to celebrate post-activation.

73, Gerald

In reply to G3CWI:

Congratulations Robert

Rick

Congratulations, Robert.

I never doubted that you would do it!

73, Richard

Congratulations Robert on achieving your mountain goat.

Jimmy M3EYP in F

Well done Robert. Savour the momemnt… and then start on the journey to double Goatdom! :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

Well done, Robert - but don’t rest on your laurels, the next step is Supergoat, not Doublegoat, and that’s quite a herd! Somebody has to be first!

Brian G8ADD

Well done, Robert, my congratulations!

I hope to meet you for many s2s QSO soon.

73 Lutz

In reply to G3CWI:

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. It’s been a great experience, i’ve been fortunate to operate on some great summits with fine views. It’s taken 3 years 9 months to reach the magic number which I had hoped to have reached during the winter bonus season , but operations were curtailed by the recent extreme winter weather.
The main objectives were to operate under QRP conditions, using the trusty Ft-817 on HF and VHF. From now on it’ll be a 857 with more watts from the summits just to see what it’s like :slight_smile:

Particular thanks goes to

All Chasers for listening out for me.

The Dial a Spot team : GW4BVE, G4BLH and G0RQL, where those winter activations could have taken a lot longer without their assistance.

Team CFJ : (G6WRW/G3RMD/GW4BVE) for the multi band activations on the Snowdonia summits.

SOTA Management Team : For making it all happen.

Many thanks
Robert G0PEB

In reply to G0PEB:

Congratulations Robert on a superb achievement & it was especially nice to work you on the summit that qualified MG status for you. It was also very nice to be able to send a couple of points back your way last month when I was on a summit & you were in the shack.

I think you will find more power will generate bigger pile-ups & make it easier to be heard, but don’t forget that your batteries will also drain quicker HI!

Here’s to the next 1000 Points!

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF