New database images

I feel it’s time to update the images that are displayed when you log on to the database. Apart from one of myself(*) recently added, the rest have been there for some time. So I’m looking for some recommendations / suggestions etc. Post a link in this thread and we can all have a look and express our views.

SOTA is almost worldwide now, so I’d like a few more from outside of the UK to demonstrate this fact. Photo’s should be definitely SOTA related, they could be of an activation in progress or a view of a SOTA summit or some SOTA gear.

Before you all write to complain, fear not… there’s one other original photo which I am determined to keep and that is the one of our late friend Shirley MW0YLS sat on a grassy hill on a sunny day having a SOTA QSO.

To start the ball rolling I’m proposing this outstanding photo taken by Bernhard DL4CW a few days back. I’ve seen 3 cloud inversions in my time but none of them compare to this amazing and delightful view.

Imgur

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager.

(*) I keep the database going so I feel it is a small price for you to pay to see me sat in the snow. Anyway, Mrs. FMF took that photo and it’s been in QST and won me some money so I intend to milk it for all it’s worth! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have deleted a few messages regarding awards and created a new thread http://www.sotawatch.org/reflector.php?topic=6127#50508 for this. This is to keep this thread clear for image discussions etc.

Andy, MM0FMF
Database Manager.

In reply to MM0FMF:

I guess I have a couple of images from down east I’d like to propose:

Take a gander and see if there are any that fit your criteria–I do have larger (hi-res, non-cropped) versions if necessary.

73 de Jason HL4ZFA
http://www.6k0fm.net

1 Like

Not outside the UK but this is one of the best photo’s Ive taken on an actication.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/m0rsf/6135687280/in/set-72157627477519703

73 Chris M0RSF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi Andy,

I have quite a few from various Associations which were sent to me when I asked for images to use for the new award certificates. If they are of interest where do you want them sent to?

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to MM0FMF:
Feel free to use any of my photos

In reply to MM0FMF:
You can use any of these VE6 SOTA images

Imgur

In reply to MM0FMF:

Here is one from Washington State in the U.S.

1 Like

Things move slow sometimes Chez 'FMF!

Some new database images from here added to the home page selection.

Hi Andy

Here a nice picture taken from top of Matthorn (HB/OW-015). If you need more pics from HB9 and HB0 summits please let me know.

1 Like

Added… I will delete some more old photos so these new ones get seen more often.

Here’s the one of me on EI/IN-001 now featured on the new SOTA leaflet:

Victor GI4ONL

1 Like

Much room for antennas up there, Victor?
:wink:

73 Mike

If you flipped that left to right, it would be close to the SOTA logo! :smile:

Hi Mike, not a lot of room but enough to get a link dipole strung out on the tiny ridge just over the peak.

1 Like

Strangely enough I just realised that after I had posted it :sunglasses:

It’s a cracking photo taken by the other Victor MI0JST

1 Like

That could be a right pain if you got a visitor to the summit during an activation. Y Lliwedd GW/NW-008 was bad enough when Paul and I activated it. My guess is that you opted for somewhere lower down within the AZ after visiting the highest point.

73, Gerald G4OIG

Primarily activated on LF then HF then VHF

ActivDate	OwnCallsign	band
2003-03-29 	GI0RQK/P	144MHZ
2008-09-06 	EI/LX1NO/P	10MHZ
2008-09-06 	EI/LX1NO/P	7MHZ
2012-03-25 	EI/GI4ONL/P	14MHz
2012-03-25 	EI/GI4ONL/P	18MHz
2014-03-28 	EI/GI4ONL/P	24MHz
2014-03-28 	EI/MI0JST/P	7MHz
2015-10-11 	EI/GI4ONL/P	10MHz
2015-10-11 	EI/MI0JST/P	144MHz
2016-03-20 	EI/GI4ONL/P	144MHz
2016-03-20 	EI/GI4ONL/P	7MHz

Andrew VK1AD at Mt Perisher VK2/SM-007 on 70cm SSB

73, Andrew VK1AD

On the summit of Bimberi Peak VK1/AC-001 VK1’s highest peak at sunrise. Al VK1RX and I camped overnight.