New Alinco DJ-G7, 2m\70cm\23cms HT

In reply to M0CGH:
Latest info is that it should be here in two weeks.

The UK price is still around what the Icom TH81e cost ten years ago so when re-based it is probably a less expensive rig.

In reply to M0CGH:
Latest info is that it should be here in two weeks.

The UK price is still around what the Icom TH81e cost ten years ago so when re-based it is probably a less expensive rig.

In reply to G6DDQ:

That may be true but it is still twice what I would pay. If it was half the price or at least sub £200 I would have ordered two by now. I guess I will just have to continue to carry five or more radios up every hill. I suspect the Chinese will have one similar out soon with built in scrambler and broadcast band RX at two for £20 plus £50 postage on eBay.

;0) Steve GW7AAV

In reply to M0CGH:

Hello All

I have just spied these on www.junksale.co.uk, I do apologise in advance if this promotion of goods is not allowed on the reflector!

http://www.junksale.co.uk/view-item/7431

May be worth a look if anyone is considering 23cms from a Hilltop!

One appears to be in fully working order, the other appears to be deaf on 2fm still very cheap and modern way to get on 23cms!

Matt 2E0XTL

In reply to 2E0XTL:

I have just spied these on www.junksale.co.uk, I do apologise in
advance if this promotion of goods is not allowed on the reflector!

http://www.junksale.co.uk/view-item/7431

I will never buy anything that is advertised as “as seen” and “without warranty”. I’ve had my fingers burnt too often in the past!

It’s a typical car boot sale ploy.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

The items are being sold by a company (junksale ltd.) over the internet and the site is not an auction site. I’d hazard a guess the Distance Selling Requirements apply to in this case. Normally they wouldn’t apply to items offered by Joe Q. Ham.

In which case you get 7 day cooling off period from receipt of item. The DSR faq doesn’t say if second hand items are excluded. It does define what constitutes an auction and that auctions are excluded (i.e. most of eBay). This is not an auction, it is a company sale so IMHO and IANAL the DSR would apply. Buy 'em, try 'em and if they are not as described, send 'em back with the 7 day cooling off period.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Buy 'em, try 'em and if they are
not as described, send 'em back with the 7 day cooling off period.

And even if you manage to get your money back, you will most likely end up having to pay extortionate postage and packing costs in BOTH directions. I’ve been there … I’ve got the T-shirt!

73 de G3NYY

In reply to G3NYY:
Junksale is a production of Lam communications, Lee the proprietor is a good guy to chat to! He found me an excellent deal on my Icom 910 so most likely worth a ring, No harm in finding out more! The telephone number on the advert is the same as the Lam website so give it a ring!

Matt 2E0XTL

In reply to 2E0XTL:

Junksale is a production of Lam communications, Lee the proprietor is
a good guy to chat to! He found me an excellent deal on my Icom 910 so
most likely worth a ring, No harm in finding out more! The telephone
number on the advert is the same as the Lam website so give it a ring!

“THE LAM COMMUNICATIONS WEB SITE IS TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE, PLEASE CALL THE SHOP FOR ASSISTANCE”

Hmmmmmm …

73 de G3NYY

In reply to G3NYY:

The number advertised on the Junksale is the same as Lam’s number. During my dealings with Lam, I stored the number on my Mobile Phone. Hoever going on Junksale this morning it would appear that the units have sold now as they no longer appear to be on the site!

73 Matt

In reply to 2E0XTL:

They have been sold I just missed them

Carolyn

In reply to G6WRW:

They have been sold I just missed them

Early birds and worms Carolyn. :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

It was closer than that Andy

I had just got off the phone to the company to get a few more details and in the time it took to log on to their site to buy them they had gone… I missed them by only a couple of minutes

I was surprised that they didn’t go sooner…

Carolyn