Netherlands joins SOTA

In reply to ON6DSL:
Luc

Its the ARM (document)that has been published. Netherlands is not yet on the database. When it is added to the database it then needs to be added to the alerts/spots system.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Tom,

Maybe you know the answer or someone else from the team.

I am planning to go out and activate a few hills at the start of SOTA Netherlands on monday the first of September.
Is such a activation valid even when the summits are not yet in the database / alert system?

73, Age - pa0xaw

In reply to G0ELJ:

I think the highest point in East
Anglia is the Gog Magog Hills, which at 71m ASL would require
some relaxation of the Rules

Dave

East Anglia is far hiller than you imagine:

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to PA0XAW:

Hoi Age,

De update naar database is blijkbaar van lange duur…
Hier in Belgie staan er ook enkele Om’s te springen.
Ik weet het niet of het in orde gaat komen tegen de eerste september, we wachten af.

Jammer dat het hoogste punt van Nederland en tevens ook één der hoogste punten in Vlaanderen niet in aanmerking komt.

Alvast véél succes toegewenst met de eerste aktivaties vanuit Pa-land.

73 Luc ON6DSL

Activations on PA SOTA summits will be valid from 1/9/08, regardless of whether they are in the Database/SOTAwatch system or not by then. The ARM is the definitive document.

However, I certainly hope to have PA on the system by then! The SM updates, and the new OD association all went on OK this morning, but we had some technical problems when putting PA on. Bear with us, it should be fixed soon.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Tnx for the reply Tom, looking forward to see it all in the system.

For the chasers, should the PA summits not be in the system at the first of September, my coming activation: starts on PA/PA-005 at 09.00 UTC and then around 11.00 UTC on PA/PA-004.
QRG: 7.032 CW. Call PA0XAW/P.

73, Age- pa0xaw

In reply to ON6DSL:
Hi Luc,
Ja, jammer van dat drie-landen-punt, maar wie weet wat nog komt…we kunnen in elk geval van start.
Voor mijn activiteit zie voorgaand bericht.
Hoop je maandag de 1st te werken…

73, Age - pa0xaw

In reply to PA0XAW:

Hello Tom, Tnx for the reply and info.

Hello Age, SRI I must QRL at 1 september

Our first SOTA activation in PA-land … if WX ok.

1 - On 06 SEPTEMBER 2008 PA/PA-003 - OBSERVANT SINT-PIETERSBERG
2 - On 06 SEPTEMBER 2008 PA/PA-002 - VROUWENHEIDE

Time: not yet decided (around noon and afternoon)

Callsign: PA/ON6DSL/P - Luc QRG: 20 or 40 M BAND (14.285 - 7.090 - 7.118 ± QRM)
Tx/Rx: FT817 5W QRP our DX70 Half/Full power (cdx depent)

with me on the summit PA/ON4EDM/P - Ed QRG: 2 M - 70 cm BAND

Luc ON6DSL

In reply to G8ADD:

I have a favourite hill in G/WB. It fails to qualify by just one
metre. I sometimes dream of hiring a JCB…!

Brian G8ADD

Wonder which one that is Brian? (Merely curious) I’d gladly bury a JCB on the top - having written a car off into the back of an unlit one many years ago!

Welcome PA, sadly I’ll miss the Monday Sept 1st activations - good luck with them. Hope to get PA summits in the log once I’ve returned from holiday.

73 Graham G4FUJ

In reply to G4FUJ:
Hi, Graham, I was thinking of the hill that is called Earl’s Hill if you live on the South side of it, or Pontesford Hill if you live on the North side (both names appear on the OS map, but climbers who enjoy the Pontesford Rocks in the nature reserve always call it Pontesford hill!) I like the idea of burying a JCB on top, it tickles my sense of humour, but I was thinking more in terms of digging a ditch across the col!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
Its only a Hump Brian (also a sub Marilyn) :wink:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:
A JCB and a co-operative farmer would soon change that!

Brian G8ADD

A JCB and a co-operative farmer would soon change that!

Might even qualify for an EU grant !!!

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G8ADD: Not sure how a thread starting about Netherlands SOTA got round to this, but having had to follow a loaded one for a couple of miles this afternoon, how about burying a slurry wagon at the top? Might do for earthing a vertical. And how deep would the ditch have to be?
73, Dave, M0DFA

Hi all,

The Database now has the PA summits in. It also has the OD summits, and the new summits and regions that launch on 1st October in SM. The PA and OD associations both launch on 1st September.

Because of the way that the Database works, the new summits will not be generally visible until their respective launch dates, but you can view the info pages for them by using the “Find Summit” feature, and typing in (for instance) “PA-002”.

SOTAwatch and the main SOTA website do not show the new summits just yet, but will do very shortly, as soon as Jon GM4ZFZ has completed the update process for those facilities.

After a deluge of admin work for SOTA this week (well since returning from GW anyway), it will be nice to be out on a hill and “doing” SOTA on Sunday!

Cheers,

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M0DFA:

Our threads do wander a bit, don’t they? Still, good clean fun (except for the slurry!) and Tom put us back on topic.

Brian G8ADD

PS the hill weighs in at P149 if I remember right, if the cols not too flat it could be done with a spade!

SOTAwatch is now accepting alerts for planned activity of the Netherlands summits. I have entered Age PA0XAW’s intentions for Monday 1st September.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

TNX Les FB … !!!
Luc ON6DSL

Welcome to SOTA-Netherlands, indeed!

I have always wanted to visit and now I have a reason…to complete a whole country in a week and with one less summit than the Isle of Man.

Somehow I do not see me visiting Lebanon any time soon, but maybe, just maybe I hear the sound of windmills calling.

Welcome to SOTA-Lebanon too!

Best regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to G3VQO:

Tnx the effort Les, weather and traffic depending, I hope to call my first CQ at 09.00 UTC and work a few of you…See you then!

73, Age - pa0xaw