N4EX - Rich has hit 150K Chaser Points

Yikes! Congratulations Rich and thanks for all the contacts. Though you’re sometimes weak here in NM you have such a great call for CW that it’s always easy to pick you out of the pileup.

Vy 73,

Mike

Whoa Rich! Congratulations on all those points!! A lot of dedication time for SOTA. 73/88 Karen

Congrats Rich!!

That’s a stunning total. He chased me on the very first day I activated, in 2012. With that contact, he had a total of 6,720 chaser points. From that day until now, I always use him as a guide post in chasing a weak activator… find him and go up 125 hertz. Bingo, there’s the activator.

Elliott, K6EL

:sloth:

1 Like

Woohoo! Congrats Rich. Looking forward to our next S2S on 2 meters :grimacing:

-Josh

Dang! I’ve been wondering how many chasers have every peak that has been activated in various regions. Safe to say Rich does. Congrats.

Awesome! You are in my log many many many times Rich! Thanks and Congrats!
Mike NS1TA

A big congratulations to you, Rich! It’s always a pleasure to hear you calling.

73 & 44,
Paul CT7/K9PM

1 Like

Rich,
Congrats on your achievement and thanks for all the Q’s we’ve had. Thanks too for introducing me to SOTA. We sure do go back to the early SOTA days in North America don’t we? Take care…
Dennis - WA2USA

1 Like

Congratulations to the the one who did the heavy lifting to set up the W4C Association and who educated me when I was so new to SOTA. Thanks for ALWAYS being there with an always recognizable N4EX signal. Best 73’s Dean ~ K2JB

1 Like

I owe every bit of fun I’ve had in SOTA to Rich. He helped me so much, and so often, when I was new to radio, not to mention SOTA. Thanks for always being a reliable and patient contact, Rich.
Tommy WZ4M

1 Like

Congratulations Rich! I can always hear you in there chasing. You set the standard and the goal posts keep getting higher. Good Job. BZ de John Paul // AB4PP

1 Like

Rich. Wanted to add my congratulations … Super job…also thanks to you and Dennis for getting me into this Fun activity, back in 2012. 73 de Scotty

1 Like

Congrats Rich!!

See you on the next summit!

Sake

Congratulations Rich.
Best 73
Andre f5ukl

My congratulations Rich and greatings from France ! Thank you sincerely for the lot of contacts with you !
My best wishes and 73’s
Jean F6GLZ

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. I think back to the early North America SOTA days when it was fairly common for no(zero) posted NA alerts on weekdays. Chasers looked forward to the weekend and juggled schedules to be available for those special weekday NA activations. In the pre-RBN spotting days, as an activator, there was always that anxiety about making four QSO’s from a summit with no cell service. What a sigh of relief when someone called and said that they would spot you. Lots of great memories as both chaser and activator but my goodness - how far we have come. Congratulations to everyone who has made NA SOTA what it is today. 73 Rich N4EX

5 Likes

Congratulations Rich. It just doesn’t seem like a activation is complete unless N4EX is in the log.

Take care and 73,
Malcolm VE2DDZ

1 Like

Great achievement Rich. Congratulations!

Roland K7FOP

Congrats Rich!
I was very surprised to hear N4EX on my very first activation in 11 dec 2011 with my 3W rf. Every my activation when I tune my ATS3B and 2x10m ant on 20, 17 and 15m I hope that iono allows to hear my QRP in NA, especially in NC… thanks for 45 nice DX SOTA contacts, Rich. You are my first DX and NA chaser.
VY 73 de Igor OM3CUG, G QRP club 5976 www.qsl.net/om3cug