n2ytf

The following link does better updates. You can zoom in using the Google maps satellite images and see Tom’s progress along the path. You can see the summit with its tower quite clearly. He still has a way to go.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

An other possibility

http://aprs.fi/?call=N2YTF-3

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to G3CWI:
Hi Richard. It comes up with program error any ideas.Geoff

In reply to G6MZX:

Try:

Enter N2YTF-3 as the callsign to track. Or simply follow Jaakko’s link!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

This is helpful for locating the summit:

http://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=12603

The tower is easily visible (once you know where to look).

Richard
G3CWI

I’m not really used to these tracking facilities, but it look’s to me like Tom has arrived at the summit?

In reply to M1EYP:
I have been looking on 80 and 40 psk but not heard anything from America 20 meters is dead so I am struggling.I wish he could self spot it would give us a clue as to where to look. Geoff.

In reply to G6MZX:

He said that he would indicate his frequency in his APRS string so that’s the best place to look.The string currently says:

Special: ClimbingSOTA W2EH003

Richard
G3CWI

PS I have sent him a msg asking for freq when ready

In reply to G3CWI:

I would be very surprised if anyone hears Tom in the UK, there’s probably more chance of hearing the man in the moon :slight_smile:

Nice to see an American activation though, let’s wish him good luck.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
He is supposed to be on 14.310.Atb Geoff

In reply to G6MZX:
Raw Data: N2YTF-3 This is where I got the frequency. Atb Geoff

In reply to G6MZX:

I suspect 30m is best bet at moment. Conditions are very poor though :frowning:

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:He ids now on 7.225 Geoff

In reply to GW0DSP:

I wish Tom the very best of luck, but with poor conditions and just 5 watts, I don’t think we can expect to hear him.

But, stranger things happen at sea, fingers crossed.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

At these frequencies 7165 and 7225 kHz you need to use AM mode here in EU :wink:

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to F5VGL:
Its Jungle music here. Atb Geoff

In reply to GW0DSP:
Anyway - it was a nice try, let us encourage our friends in USA and everywhere else in the world.
When sun spots are on top again, we will have even more fun with SOTA. Lets hope that we at that time all will still be qrv :wink:
Mike

In reply to LA5SAA:

Yes Mike, indeed a valiant effort by Tom, he is to be congratulated. Does anybody know how he got on, did he qualify the summit? I hope he really enjoyed his day out on the summit as much as I enjoyed following his progress on APRS.

I long for those past days of sunspot maximum to return, when we can work the world with a couple of watts.

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

According to his log, he made 4 contacts, 2 on 2m, 1 on 6m and 1 on 40m

73, Mike G4BLH

In reply to G4BLH:

Thanks Mike, that’s great news.

Mike GW0DSP