N2GBR - NA's Newest Mountain Goat

Congratulations to Richard N2GBR on becoming North America’s newest Mountain Goat when he exceeded 1000 points today on W8V/PH-007.

8 Likes

Big CONGRATULATIONS!! Richard, on your MG achievement!! Glad I was able to work you on your milestone summit!

Dave, AE9Q

1 Like

Congratulations, Richard, on your impressive milestone! I look forward to more qso’s in the future.

Peter, KD0YOB

1 Like

Congratulations Richard, always great to work you and enjoy your videos also.
Bill WB0KIU

1 Like

Hearty Congratulations Richard. Nice to see a mountain goat from Pennsylvania. Conditions have been really poor , but glad you found so many to work you. All the best to you. de Scotty in Grove City.

1 Like

Congratulations, Richard. Our first mountain goat in W3, bravo! Wishing you many more successful activations: ad multa cacumina! David

1 Like

Congrats, Richard, for the hard-to-achieve MG status.
I’ve only chased you once, but I look forward to many more in the future.

Guru

1 Like

Congrats Rich on your new MG status !!
I was able to work you twice on Sat. on 40 meters to my amazement here in Florida !
I look forward to working you in the future…great job !

73 de Ed
N7EDK
Bradenton, FL

1 Like

Huzzah!!! Great work Richard!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’m so happy to have been able to complete this milestone. As we all know SOTA only works because there are Activators and Chasers, so thanks to you all for making this happen for me.
I spent a good day out in WV yesterday and my friend Mark NK8Q came along to enjoy the fun and boost his points also. Due to the influence of Brad WA2MM, I managed to hold my log to 100% uniques for MG and get into CW recently (which I think made a lot of this possible in the last couple of months)

Not sure if I’m the first NA MG that’s a European, any one know of any others??

Thanks again!

Richard // N2GBR

ps… only downside from yesterday was I struck a deer on the way home in WV and it bust my headlight… BMW 5series… ouch! that’s going to be $$$$ :frowning:

1 Like

Nicely done Richard! Way to hang in there doing 100% unique activation’s. I know from personal experience that goal starts out easy and gets tougher over time ;-). Your CW skills will definitely pay off as the sunspot cycle and propagation degrade these next several years.

Congrats on a job well done my friend!
73, Brad
WA6MM

1 Like

Fantastic Richard! Congratulations! Glad to have you in the herd. Great to work you all day on your MG day. Keep up the addiction.

Dean ~ K2JB

1 Like

Congratulations Richard on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Congrats Richard. Great job! 73

1 Like

Congrats Richard. Glad I could help chase you to your achievement. I’ll try to catch up with you next year when I retire and have more time for SOTA.

73, Chuck K4QS

1 Like

CONGRATS, Richard!
Ken K6HPX

1 Like

Well done Richard. Congrats!!
73 John KD2FLX

1 Like

Congratulations Richard!

Mike - ke5akl

1 Like

Well done Richard! I hope to join you one day soon. 73, Scott kw4jm

1 Like

Richard,

Welcome to the herd! Thanks for your many contacts!

KX0R
George

1 Like