My nomination for "best" SOTA beer

In the Briancon area of F/AM, we use a secret sauce and we like to keep it that way :slight_smile: This also explains why we complain so much about the weight of our packs (more beer than radio equipment). Here Thierry, F4EGG, consuming after a successful activation of F/AM-142.

Note how he skillfully covers the label to make sure the secret is not revealed.

Any entry for a best SOTA beer prize should include a picture at the summit in order for the entry to be validated :wink:

Arnaud

1 Like

And no building cairns with the empties!:grinning:

Brian

1 Like

Personally, I find the one before and during, is just as good as the one after the activation!

1 Like

Good job the rules exclude driving then :innocent:

Unfortunately I can’t come up with a German Bier with the name of a SOTA summit however I do have an interesting fact:

In Bavaria Bier is legally classified as food rather than alchohol which allows Bier vending machines to be put in company canteens. A point that really annoyed my colleagues in the US when we were doing joint work on the mainframes between Germany and the US late in the (German) evening about 30 years ago!

Ed DD5LP - currently enjoying an Andechs Monastry Weissbier.

2 Likes

Indeed.
Beer is much more than just a breakfast drink…

Mmmm, have you ever visited Kloster Andechs Ed? Their schweinshaxen are to die for, especially when washed down with their beer.

For my first 4 months back in Germany, while looking for a house, we lived 5 minutes walk down the hill from the Kloster. Actually as well as the well known bier garden fare, there is a restaurant on the lower side of the Monastry, that provides a much larger range of food, at a better quality (and not too expensive either). You should try it out next time you get over, let me know and I’ll drive over and join you (I’m about 30 minutes away from there in the new house).

Ed.

Thank the heavens for that… I always enjoy a beer or two while at my part-time workplace: it really helps the poor old back to relax :wink:

You beat me to it Andy! Quite right, of course…