My 56th birthday SOTA celebration

Guru.
Yes I also keep our QSO in my log (since first confinement, I have my log on computer :wink: ).
Then may I offer you the other activator’s side …

73 QRO
Roger

1 Like

Very nice hearing the operation, Roger.
Thank you!
I often think of recording the activation and offer it here for the chasers to hear how “terrible” it is receiving the huge wall of several strong signals calling all together and how hard it is sometimes picking up a callsign, but once at the summit I’m always too eager to start my activation and forget the recording.
Thanks again.

Guru

1 Like

Hi Guru,
Better a good walk to the wrong mountain than sitting inside.

Ron
VK3AFW

5 Likes

Guru,

Great job on snowshoes! They open up a new set of experiences, both for SOTA and for hiking in snow!

Many of us have gone to the wrong summit - or made other errors of navigation.

Your selfie photo is excellent !

George
KX0R

3 Likes

I created a ficticious activator log of my invalid activation of EA2/NV-056 with just one false QSO for checking purposes.

Thus a clic on Show Who Chased Me showed me that after my information on the Reflector and later by email, most of my chasers got the message and their QSO was removed from the database. However, there are still two pending.

G4TPJ doesn’t have an email address on QRZ.com, so I couldn’t send him my email.
OE6WIG must not be checking neither the Reflector nor the email.

In case some of you know how to contact these OMs and you can let me know or let them know about my invalid activation and ask them to delete their QSO from the database, I’d be very grateful.

Guru

1 Like

I have an idea of where you were in that case, without looking on the map!

Commiserations on the mistake but you now know it won’t be so much climbing next time.

That’s a long climb on snow!

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

1 Like

You are right, Andrew, that’s a conquered territory for you. The summit seen right behind me in the posted selfie is actually Mt. Ortzantzurieta, the one you activated with Ignacio EA2BD and Jorge EA2LU in summer 2019.
Cheers,

Guru

1 Like

Well, after my failed attempt in January, I will try tomorrow to SOTA-celebrate my 56th birthday.

The hike will start at the village of Orbara instead of Burguete and, although steeper it is shorter than the route from the village of Burguete of that failed first attempt.

The 56th birthday celebration summit will be Mt. Latxaga EA2/NV-056 and I’m planning to work on the frequencies 14.056-CW; 7.056-CW; 21.056-CW and 28.056-CW.
I may fancy a run on 30m and 60m too…

HPE to CU.

Guru

8 Likes

Best wishes I will try and listen in. I have just had what was almost my first ever CW QSO and it was with a fellow countryman of yours - EA1ANB in Galicia. I say almost as though he got my callsign I am not sure he understood much of the rest of my error ridden transmissions! It was on 40m.

John

1 Like

I very much hope to have a QSO with you. Don’t worry for the speed, the errors and so on. If propagation conditions is with us and our timings get aligned, we’ll make it for sure.
I hope to talk to you tomorrow.

Guru

1 Like

Guru @EA2IF, maybe we make a s2s qso tomorrow :+1: When do you plan to be qrv?

Marcel DM3FAM

Hi Marcel,
My Alert states 11h00z for a start, but I hope to be able to be a bit earlier on air. However, it may well be later, as it’s going to be a new route to an unknown summit and I’m not even sure of my strength or fitness after the chemo treatments I’m having lately and not having properly hiked since mid January.
But I’m confident and I hope we can S2S.

Guru

2 Likes

Hello Guru, all the best for your special day, happy birthday :champagne: :smiley:

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Happy Birthday to you.
Patrick

3 Likes

Hi Guru,

Happy Birthday !
Tnx QSO !

73, Jarek

1 Like

Hello Guru,

All my best wishes to your birthday. Keep on celebrations …
I do hope for many other contacts with you in future.

73 55
so long and bye

Hansjoerg (alias John) OE7PHI
+

1 Like

HAPPY 56th, Guru!

Ken K6HPX

1 Like

Thanks very much to all of you.
I finally could SOTA-celebrate successfully my 56th today activating EA2/NV-056.
My log has got 41 QSO, 5 of which S2S and 2 DX USA.
I’m very happy and I’ll soon publish an activation report where I will share with you all some of the pictures of the beautiful landscapes I’ve discovered in that area.

Guru

6 Likes

Hello Guru @EA2IF. Unfortunately it got too cold for me, so I went home a bit early. Glad you had a successful activation. Congratulations on that and of course on your birthday :+1: :beers: :partying_face:. See you soon.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Nice you succeed your “FELIZ COMPLEANOS” activity !
Thanks for s2s : EA2/NV-056 < 582 Kms > F/AM-628
Here I sat on the top all the day long and I did 203 QSO, 22 S2S and only 2 DX (K4DY, VE3EXY).
See you next summit
73 Roger
eQSL-EA2IF

4 Likes