MW0ECX GW Mountain Goat

Neil MW0ECX braved the cold conditions today on Snowdon GW/NW-001 to achieve Mountain Goat status.

Congratulations Neil. Da iawn ti

73 Allan GW4VPX

5 Likes

Bendigedig Neil! Croeso i’r Geifr newydd. Probably mangled the Welsh there - I’m a learner.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr Allan a Gerald. 'Roedd hi’n braf cael sawl qso yn Gymraeg ddoe. Many thanks also to all those people who have been there to be contacted, especially the regular chasers and to the pioneers and management teams who make it all possible. I can see that Allan and Mal won’t be long before they cross the line to goatdom too.

It was a stunningly beautiful day on Snowdon yesterday, with little wind and just enough snow and ice in the top 600m to make spikes advisable, especially on the descent ( Mary and I used the kahtoola micospikes as they’re more suitable for mixed ground footpaths in yesterday’s conditions than the G12s). In fact the experience of those slithering down the top part of the zigzags in trainers looked pretty unpleasant.

I will confess to humming the Welsh nonsense song ‘oes gafr eto’ (is there another goat) all the way back down!

I’m looking forward to operating more hf and exploring some of the smaller summits in Wales and beyond so cuagn sn on the bands all :grinning:73

4 Likes

Quick correction I think I should have said top 600 feet!

Congratulations Neil, Da iawn ti!

Congratulation Neil

Welcome to the herd!

Matt G8XYJ

Well done Neil - many congratulations. It is a long time ago since we met up by chance on Aberedw Hill GW/MW-022 - 7th July 2007 in fact. I will never forget the huge pole you had erected at the trig which worried me a bit as I approached. Thankfully you weren’t operating VHF NFD… :smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG

Many congratulations Neil - and thanks for the QSO

Dave
(M6RUG)

Something about “went up a man and down a goat” maybe?
Congratulations Neil on becoming a gafr.

1 Like

Congratulations Neil ,well done ,thank you for the points

Glad to see the herd of mountain goat is growing!
Welcome Neil

Well done Neil!