Must share!

Get back to us if you manage to work any rare DX. Hawaii is the 267th most wanted DXCC out of 340. It is slightly rarer than Malta. Club Log: DXCC Most-Wanted List for January 2023

1 Like

Statistically invalid observation as usual Richard. Just wait ‘til M0HGY spots this nonsense…

2 Likes

Hi, I just tried you on FT4 , 20m, but this is a protocol failure : my call is S5/PA3BHF, and you have a /P
We can work each other if , after the initial contact, we both take the suffix/prefix off. A bit fiddly but the only way - 73 Michael S5/PA3BHF (M0MPM)

1 Like

Ok let’s try again…

1 Like

Cool! and thanks - Good luck there!
73 Michael

1 Like

Very innovative use of multiple polarisations there, Tom. Is the droop in the vertical a special design and what are the dimensions?

2 Likes

There’s drugs to fix that available nowadays.

6 Likes

Ah we have a contribution from the Chief Lowerer of Tones himself…

1 Like

It’s not an exciting looking KHxxxx style call though. To my amazing callsign knowledge it doesn’t shout “middle of the Pacific”.

A great effort Tom…and great smile too.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi Tom, one question, on the picture it looks like you’re using an iPad. Which software do you use?
And I have never worked Hawaii from here, or from the UK, it is high on MY list !! Congrats!
S5/PA3BHF (M0MPM)

Congratulations, Tom! I forgot to mention it on our QSO 20 mins ago. G0MHF

1 Like

It’s an Acer Windows 10 tablet. Running WSJT-X 2.1.0 with the WSJT-Z hack.

That’s a slight downside. Reminds me of the time I worked a NL7 station from a SOTA and it was only some days later that I found out that I’d worked my first ever Alaskan…

When I worked a KL0 I was excited till I found it was a snowbird in Florida or such for the Winter.

Did you really work Hawaii dad as the callsign that I can see working you was K2GT which is a USA station. I thought all Hawaii stations had the prefix KH6 unless the Hawaii licence is same as USA licence meaning that someone can get there licence and callsign in the USA and use their USA callsign in Hawaii without using the Hawaii prefix!

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Try this reliable call test link Jimmy:

https://clublog.org/test.php?call=K2GT&year=2020&month=6&day=30&hour=15&minute=34

73 Phil Clublog

PS It looks like you may need to register to test the call DXCC Country. If you don’t want to - pic courtesy of Clublog (Well done Tom FT8 works well albeit its a little souless, but so is BK 599 BK)

Your spell checker needs fixing Jimmy. Although Huawei may have been listening in of course.

1 Like

The highly unreliable QRZ.com shows his QTH on his QSL card.

I have corrected the spellings Richard.

Thank you Phil and Andy for confirming that this station is actually Hawaii. I am surprised that the USA licensing systems allows you to operate in a separate DXCC by using a USA callsign. This can be very confusing for those who collect DXCCs as most of us would think that K2GT is USA when actually is it Hawaii. I am pleased that Ofcom never went down the route of making UK DXCC prefixes optional.

Jimmy M0HGY