Multiple GW/SW activations

A quick note of thanks to Viki, M6BWA for the recommendations for operating multiple summits in south Wales. It’s a bit of a trip from Berkshire to the Brecon Beacons and I wanted to get a good days walking in so started with Viki’s first recommendation; Pen y Fan (GW/SW-001) and Fan Fawr (GW/SW-005). Two very different climbs and experiences starting just a few hundred meters apart.
I did a little activation video of the two climbs and discussed some of the merits (and otherwise) of the two summits. Highly recommend these two for someone wanting a good days activating but be prepared for the hustle and bustle of Pen y Fan.

I also added my climb notes to my website under the SOTA menu item at www.peanutpower.co.uk

I look forward to doing ‘recommendation 2’ soon :o)
Michael (G0POT)

2 Likes

Hi Michael

Jimmy M0HGY and I are GW/SW completists. It’s a fantastic SOTA region!

All the reports and details are on http://tomread.co.uk if that’s of any use.

1 Like

Thanks Tom…yours is one of the sources I always read when planning a summit. My one-page summit guides are realyl just a personalised aide memoir for my next visit!
There are one or two people who do really useful write ups on their summit activations and I appreciate them all. It’s so helpful to benefit from others discoveries.
I’m really enjoying the GW/SW region. Coming from Berkshire these are my closest ‘real’ hills. I hope I can match your achievement and work them all.

Michael (G0POT)

1 Like