Mt. Txanburu EA2/NV-071 by EA2IF/P on 23/05/2020

The great WX we had had so far this week has changed and the sky was grey with wind today. I was out doing things with my family this morning and I initially discarded the idea of activating SOTA today, but the clouds seemed to break for a while letting a nice sunshine pass through in the afternoon and I suddenly decided to try an activation.
>El fantástico WX que habíamos tenido hasta ahora esta semana ha cambiado y el cielo estaba hoy gris con viento. Estuve fuera con mi familia esta mañana y en un principio descarté la idea de activar SOTA hoy, pero las nubes parecieron romperse por un momento de la tarde dejando pasar un agradable sol y de pronto, decidí intentar una activación.

This was today’s SOTA to the South-East of Pamplona:
>Esta fue la SOTA de hoy hacia el SudEste de Pamplona.

The mountain in the center of the image with the Wind Power Generators on top:
>La montaña en el centro de la imagen con los generadores eólicos en lo alto:

This picture is not of today. I took it in November 2015.
>La foto no es de hoy. La tomé en Noviembre de 2015.

When I got to the summit, there were nice views with some sunshine down in the valley and the plateau of Pamplona, but I was eager to setup and start the activation, so I thought I would take some photos later.
>Cuando llegué a la cima, había bonitas vistas con algo de sol abajo en el valle y la planicie de Pamplona, pero estaba ansioso por instalar y empezar la activación, así que pensé que ya tomaría algunas fotos después.

There was some wind from the North and I setup with an inverted Vee 22m long wire to my 9:1 unun hanging from my 7m telescopic fishing rod guyed like this:
>Había viento del Norte e instalé con un cable de 22m de largo en a V invertida hasat mi unun 9:1 colgando de mi caña de pescar telescópica de 7m arriostrada así:
imagen
imagen
The activation went like this:

• 30m CW: 7 QSOs in 10 minutes.

• 40m CW: 20 QSOs in 24 minutes.

• 20m CW: 14 QSOs in 20 minutes.

• 10m SSB: 10 QSOs in 13 minutes.

>La activación fue así:

• 30m CW: 7 QSOs en 10 minutos.

• 40m CW: 20 QSOs en 24 minutos.

• 20m CW: 14 QSOs en 20 minutos.

• 10m SSB: 10 QSOs en 13 minutos.

This is the full log with 51 QSOs after 1h 26 minutes:
>Este es el log completo con 51 QSOs tras 1h 26 minutos:

imagen
You can see it on the map:
>Pueden verlo en el mapa:

During the time of the activation, the wind kept blowing without a stop and a dark cloud finally entered and wrapped the summit, so the pictures I didn’t take in the beginning, couldn’t be taken later because everything was foggy. I would have liked working longer on 10m but, after more than an hour and a half in the wind, I started to feel cold and I really needed to QRT. When I got in the car, the thermometer told me temperature was 12ºC.
>Durante el tiempo de la activación, el viento siguió soplando sin parar y una nube oscura entró finalmente y envolvió la cima, así que las fotos que no tomé al principio, no pudieron tomarse después porque todo estaba envuelto en la niebla. Me habría gustado trabajar más tempo en 10m, pero después de más de hora y media en el viento, empecé a sentir frío y realmente necesitaba quedar QRT. Cuando volví al coche, el termómetro me dijo que la temperatura era de 12ºC.

On my descent I had some views and I took a few pictures like these:
>Descendiendo tuve algunas vistas y tomé unas pocas fotos como estas:

Thanks dear chasers for your calls and QSOs.
I’ll be looking forward to copying you all soon again from a summit.
>Gracias estimados cazadores por sus llamadas y QSOs.
Estaré esperando volver a copiarles a todos ustedes pronto desde una cima.

Guru

5 Likes