Mt Erreniega EA2/NV-092 by EA2IF/P on 04/06/2016

This is going to be a short one.
Different commitments today made me finally cancel the weekly hike to Mt. San Critóbal and its SOTA activation, but I managed to change it to a new activation of the drive on local summit: Mt. Erreniega EA2/NV-092.

I installed the endfed antenna with a 7m counterpoise wire on the ground and started CQing on 30m CW without sending any selfspot, as I had updated the alert and I expected RBNHole to do it or me.
So it did and I soon had a very nice pile-up.
I logged 25 QSOs in 22 minutes, 2 of which were S2S, one with Juerg HB9BIN/P from HB/ZH-004 and the other with Jan OK2PDT/P arriving very weak from OK/JM-015, but workable at last. Thanks both for your calls and S2S QSOs.
The I QSYed to 20m SSB and this time I sent a selfspot wih the helpful SPOTmySOTA app. This produced 17 QSOs in 17 minutes. When there were no more callers, I had some more time available and QSYed to 6m.
I didn’t even selfspotted or called CQ because a scan across the whole spectrum of the band showed complete silence. Not a single tiny signal heard.
Then I looked at Sotawatch on my smartphone and QSYed to 30m to try to work some S2S.
I spent more than 15 minutes calling to Hans LA1EBA/P activating LA/OL-100, but I was unable to make my signals copied.when I got the help of Karl OE3KAB, who kindly asked Hans to listen for a S2S calling. When they finished his QSO, Hans listened for me and he finally copied my tiny signal. We completed successfully our S2S QSO. Thanks Karl OE3KAB for the help and Hans for the S2S QSO.
A few minutes later, still on 30m, I found Di GM0EVV/P activating GM/NS-119. He was putting a strong good signal and he copied me right away. Thank for the S2S QSO.
Finally I saw on Sotawatch that Pom DG7ACF/P was activating DM/NS-008 on 40m SSB, so I QSYed there to, unfortunately find that his signal was so marginal that I was almost unable to understand him. I had already consumed all my available time and I had to go QRT, so I couldn’t wait for Pom’s signals to be brought up by the QSB. Shame :frowning:
This is the full log:

And this is the S2S log:

All in all, it was a nice time on the air from the mountain top with some sunshine passing through the mainly cloudy sky, with a nice temperature and just a moderate wind.

Thanks dear chasers for your calls and QSOs.
I’ll be looking forward to copying you again soon (hopefully tomorrow)

Best 73 from Guru

2 Likes