More SOTA not less

In reply to M1EYP:

We are Summits on The Air and not Mountains on The Air.

Mike

I agree. My comment above was in response to Chris’s “the more
mountains the better”.

Thank you for yet another reply Tom. You are to be congratulated for acquiring employment which affords you so much free time so as to repeatedly post on this Reflector each day. I hope the tax payer or whoever foots the bill appreciates your comments on this Reflector as much as we do.

Mike

In reply to G6MZX:

If all the groups, clubs, associations and even governments adopted your attitude Geoff, then we would all have left the UK long ago or be living in a shanty shed in rural Yorkshire.

There has to be debate, there has to be opinion, and those who have been involved in SOTA for a while will well know this point of discussion is born out of a love for the scheme and not intended to harm it or detract massively from its original form.

Lee
M0LMP

In reply to M0LMP:

But let the debate be polite, let the opinion be expressed with moderation, and for goodness sake, are the same old themes going to go round and around ever more rapidly and ever more loudly until a hoped-for final resolution in June? Its starting to sound like an American presidential election.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Then let’s do it for a final time, with full transparency to please any doubters.

Mike

In reply to 2E0FSR:

This post/thread has annoyed me, but I’m biting my tongue.

I will say however:

I love taking part in SOTA, and can’t understand why people knock the
rules and rulemakers. SOTA is a hobby and nobody is forced to take
part.

73 Colin

Hi Colin and All,

Hurrah for your post Colin!
Fore me, it’s not only this thread that annoy’s me, there are a lot more on the reflector with the same meaning!

From the end of 2002 untill now I too like participating in SOTA, but that liking is more and more fading away when seeing all this kind of posts/treads here on the forum. It’s not a debate anymore, it’s showing someone’s opinion and all the others have to listen and act like that…

Lucky there is more in amateurradio then SOTA alone…

Best 73, Age - PA0XAW

P.S. Will not reply.

In reply to PA0XAW:

"Hurrah for your post Colin!
Fore me, it’s not only this thread that annoy’s me, there are a lot more on the reflector with the same meaning!

From the end of 2002 untill now I too like participating in SOTA, but that liking is more and more fading away when seeing all this kind of posts/treads here on the forum. It’s not a debate anymore, it’s showing someone’s opinion and all the others have to listen and act like that…

Lucky there is more in amateurradio then SOTA alone…"

Thank you Age for expressing my opinion also and I know we are not alone. The problem with having a huge ego is that you should remember to leave it at the door before entering something like SOTA. A little more reading and a lot less posting of often expressed opinions would be good for some on here.

Kind regards
David/G4CMQ

In reply to GW0DSP:
I think that it would be of more benefit to your cause if you refrained from personal attacks such as the one above.

I will not quote it here.

Dick