Moel Siabod NW-010

Appologies for going QRT quick during my activation but the battries on my trusty handie just quit after my fourth contact. I was much later than expected at the summit due to the depth of the snow. Bright sunny weather until reaching the summit where it was cloudy and very cold. At Capel Curig it was -14c when I arrived.

Thanks to GW4BVE, 2W0CYM, G6ODU and 2E0MAS for the quick contacts and again sorry to the others calling that didn’t make it.

I’ve posted a few pics on Flickr and a video can be found via the link below.

I’ll take this oppotunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to MW0IDX:
Many Thanks for activation Roger,after watching video a few times I can only admire Your determinatin to reach the summit(even if you were just trying out new equipment). From the comfort and warmth of my home I wish You and All Activators of SOTA "A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPERUS(& SAFE)NEW YEAR" 73s TAKE CARE
BOB G6ODU

Hi Roger, it was nice to chat with you yesterday. Thanks for taking the trouble to make your short film, i do enjoy watching the sota films, they are better than the Hollywood block busters (lol). Nadolig llawen a blwyddyn newydd dda i chi ar teulu.
73’s
Cofion
Alun 2W0CYM

In reply to 2W0CYM:
Thanks Bob and Alun for your kind messages. It is always reassuring to have regular chasers on hand when one does not want to stay on a mountain top too long. My new boots (Scarpa Manta) and crampons (Grivel Air Tech) performed very well indeed. The j-pole was made out of 300ohm twin feed and it seemed to work very well

Great day out, prelude to a trip around Aran, Snowdon and Lliwedd one day during Christmas week with a bit of luck.

Diolch Alun, cyfarchion y tymor i chi a eich teulu

Roger MW0IDX