Mobile Alerts?

In reply to GW7AAV:

I would love to be able to qualify the summits on 2m and the
way 5mHz has been I don’t think we can rely on that

Dont forget, that when you come up here, you’ve put a big distance between you and the G/GW activators you would have difficulty hearing because the critical F is low. So it’s a lot easier to activate using 5MHz. The downside is you dont get to work the keen chasers on 5MHz up here.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

One of the reason for the new expanded dipole maybe I can get them on 80m.

In reply to GW7AAV:
Steve,

I recognise a few of the summits that you have listed as potential targets. Let me know if you want any further information on any of the tops that I have activated.

You shouldn’t be too dependent on the Skin so Soft in these Lanarkshire or Perthshire, the real midges are well north and west of the areas that you intend activating. In fact I hope you get weather that is calm enough for midges and the Skin so Soft isn’t washed off! There haven’t been many ideal operating days this “summer”!!!

Robin, GM7PKT.

In reply to GM7PKT:

Thanks Robin! Anything that can help me make an informed decision would be most helpful. Me eMail is on QRZ.com.

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to MM0FMF:

You can email me at ******@hotmail.com to get my number

Tried a couple of time to email you Andy. It’s not .co.uk is it?

Steve

In reply to GW7AAV:

I’ve replied to your email and it is .com not .co.uk

In reply to MM0FMF:

Arbuthnot Bullwinkle! No wonder you shorten it to Andy on the summits ;o)

Bit of a strange one Andy - I kept having the email bounce back but when I replied to yours it seems to have gone through. We are thinking of doing the hill you suggested (GM/SS-131 Hods Hill) on the Sunday 19th Sept. Will post details as soon as possible.

Regards Steve GW7AAV

Note: The grid locators (Wanlockhead – Lanarkshire NS871129 & Dunkeld – Perthshire NO025429) are for the cottages where we are staying. I hope to be QRV from there on 80/60/40/20m with 100w from the IC706 mkIIg if anyone needs them for WAB or whatever.