Missing Mariusz SP9AMH

Klaus,
I will never forget making a S2S contact with you from Mt Stromlo back in 2013, running my FT817 at 5w, on SSB. Glad to know you will be activating again. A lot of us over here remember you. Those antennas you used were like parabolic dishes.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2DA

2 Likes

Yes, you can still cope with a weight difference of 30kg …
When I was diagnosed with a defect in the blood-forming system in 2005 and, despite my advanced age, an allogenic HSCT was allowed to be performed in order to survive, my weight dropped to just 48kg during the long hospital stay (4 months due to very serious side effects).

In 2012, after a long rehabilitation period, I was able to get my beloved portable radio up and running again on the neighboring hills and mountains.
By now HB9SOTA was also established and my dear colleague Kurt@HB9AFI had already activated 438 unique SOTA summits and already had 3 mountain goats on a leash, hi.

So Klaus, good luck again and have fun restarting SOTA.

73 cu, Heinz

4 Likes

Hi dear Klaus!

What a good news to read you again. I’m sorry about your health issues but sure you will recover and enjoy SOTA again.
I missed you, as I felt you suddenly dissapear and missed your interesting antenna tests in summits at late afternoon activation. Hearing you working DX from summits at night on 40 m was super!

Welcome back again and don’t worry if it takes some time to get ready with your gear again and be ready to go out.

Good luck and hear you soon.
73 de Ignacio

2 Likes