MAR-2020: SOTA activity in Spain and the Spanish speaking American Countries over the month of February.

From my MAR-2020 news in Spanish

SOTA activators and activations carried out in Spain and the Spanish-American Countries in February-2020:

With the information available in the database, this is the graph of the activations and activators in Spain in February 2020:

We see activations in all EA call areas but EA9.
EA2 is the call area with the greatest number of activations where we see an activation by André F5UKL. Following we have EA1, EA4, EA5, EA8, EA7, EA6 and EA3. In EA1, among several local activators, we see the contribution of activators arrived from EA2 and EA4. In EA5, among 2 local activators, we see again the contribution of ON7QR arrived from Belgium. All activation in EA8 have been carried out by colleagues from abroad, the UK (GM0GAV and GI4ONL) and The Netherlands (PA7ZEE). EA7 and EA6 have local activators, which is very interesting. In EA3, among the local activators, we see the contribution of a colleague arrived from Switzerland (HB9EAJ). Welcome all the visitors and thanks to all the activators!

This is the monthly activations graph for 2018, 2019 and 2020 together with the monthly average in 2018 and 2019:

January and February show higher numbers than any of the previous recorded months.

Here’s the graph for the chasers and number of chases in Spain:

The TOP 5 of the chasers in EA is: EA2DT, EA7GV, EA2IF, EA5K and EA1DHB. We see 95 different chaser callsigns. As usual, I encourage to all those not doing it yet to register and upload their chases onto the new SOTA database.

This is the graph of the monthly chases in 2019 and 2020 together with the average monthly number of chases in 2019:

Although February chases have reduced with respect to January’s, we still see a significantly higher number than that of last year.

=============================================================

With the information available in the database, this is the graph of the activations and activators in the Spanish speaking American Countries with existing SOTA associations in February 2020.

We see a total of 11 activations, 7 of which were in LUM (Mendoza-Argentina), 1 in TI and 3 in XE1. Thanks to all the activators!

This is the monthly activations graph for 2018, 2019 and 2020 together with the monthly average in 2018 and 2019:

We didn’t have any activation in February 2018 and we see in February 2020 more than double the activations in February 2019. Bravo!

Regarding the chasing activity, we see a total of 8 chases, 4 of which in LU and 4 in XE1. See the following graph:

Again, I encourage to all those not doing it yet to register and upload their chases onto the SOTA database.

This is the graph of the monthly chases in 2019 and 2020 together with the average monthly number of chases in 2019:

Although we see this month chases have significantly reduced with respect to the previous month, the number, although small, is much greater than that of the same month last year.

Thanks for reading this news. I hope you found it of interest.

imagen
Guru - EA2IF (member of the SOTA Global Publicity Team)

7 Likes

With the switchover in database applications, the existing AM reports generator has closed. I have every intention of generating user activity reports again and I am happy for people to make suggestions as to what they would like to see in these reports and how they would like them presenting.

1 Like

Well, as you can easily guess, I’d love the data for EA presented in a way that I could directly take it to produce my usual graphs.
With the data, as it’s being produced by the database so far, before producing my monthly reports, I have been needing to spend some hours processing (sorting and asking the Excel spread sheet to automatically count activations and chases for each individual callsign) in order to have the list of activators and chasers along with each individual number of activations and chases for me to take them and produce the graphs.
Should the future activity reports present a list of activators and chasers from each EA association, sorted always in alphabetical order along with the number of activations and chases carried out by each of them that month, I’d be just very pleased.
If you think it will be of help to you, I can send you my already processed Excel file.

Guru
P.D. if the database generated report could include the graphs of activators-and-number-of-activations and chasers-and-number-of-chases, as I usually plot in my graphs, that would be just perfect. If all countries and associations could have the same info and graphs, that would be great for me to make the summary graphs for the Spanish speaking American countries.