Maclogger to SOTA Upload Flow

I am using Maclogger to log my SOTA activation QSO’s at home. Can someone share with me their work flow process on getting the logs from Maclogger to the SOTA DB succesfully? I have read the online manual and tried both ADIF and CSV with no success. Any help is appreciated. TU

If you send me the CSV and ADIF files to anryan (at) Gmail, I will see what’s missing or stopping them getting uploaded.

1 Like

Email sent. TU

Thanks. Two issues, first is that your ADIF file had a SOTA summit reference that had some extra detail in it - the MY_SOTA_REF needs to be the Summit Reference and nothing else - “W1/AM-002” instead of “W1/AM-002 (Sugarloaf)”. The second issue was the order of the entries in the file was not sequentially increasing.

Having thought about this a bit, this does not really matter for ADIF files like it does for CSV files, which depend on their order to determine what constitutes the boundaries of an activation. It’s arguable whether it applies to CSV files as well, but there’s some corner cases there. In any case, I have set up sotadata to now sort ADIF entries by time before submitting them up to be verified. Your ADIF file - once suitably edited for summit ref - should now upload.

2 Likes

VK3ARR,
Thanks for looking at the file. I ended up last night just entering the activation manually to get it into my SOTA record. This am I made up testing activation with dummy 4 QSO’s with a SOTA reference (after seeing your response) and uploaded it to see if it would work. I agree the additional SOTA name was messing things up.
Unfortunately now it is giving me time issues…not sure what is going on.

Thoughts?

Hmm, it looks like the sorting procedure isn’t quite working properly - did you reload the page before uploading?

That page should come back with all the times in correct order. If you did reload the page, and the sorting is broken, I’ll have to look at it again.

I closed out the upload page and started fresh new. Still getting same error.
Here is my Maclogger logbook for reference.

Could you drop me the ADIF file again, same address. I’ll instrument the befeckers out of the sorting routine and work out where it’s going wrong.

Will do, thanks.

Actually, I think I see the problem. Rebuilding the site now.

Uploaded and working for me.

I tried it again and got the same error. So I went back and looked at the time on/off of each log and the error for the two times coincided with them overlapping each other resulting in the problem.
So in the future, I will keep an eye on my time on/off to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Thanks for the help VK3ARR. 73