M1EYP Update

I have just spoken to my Dad M1EYP, he says he is resting below Moel Sych and he is expected to be on air at his alerted time.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Very good! What batteries is he carrying for such a long activation, including a contest?

Walt (G3NYY)

Hi Walt,

My Dad M1EYP is carrying 2 7Ah SLABs.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Thanks, Jimmy! Very interesting. Quite a lot to carry up an 830m mountain, when added to the FT817, antenna, provisions, warm clothing, etc.!

I’ll be looking for him in the 2m Contest this evening. Hope weather and band conditions are good.

Walt (G3NYY)

I am speaking to my Dad M1EYP on GB3VT; he tells he made 371 QSOs yesterday and 8 QSOs today from Cadair Berwyn GW/NW-012.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Very well done! Is this a new record for number of QSOs in a single activation?
:slight_smile:

I had the pleasure of working Tom during the UKAC Contest on Tuesday evening.

Walt (G3NYY)

Hi Walt,

No this is not a record number of QSOs in a single activation. My Dad M1EYP would go up 3rd place in the unofficial QSO table.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

would go up 3rd place

4th

1, HA3HK/P, HA/DD-012, 430
2, EA5ER/P, EA5/VL-009, 402
3, HA3HK/P, HA/DD-018, 381

Andy
MM0FMF

Hi Andy,

You have listed HA3HK/P twice.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Hi Andy,

You have listed HA3HK/P twice.

Different summits, Jimmy…

Mike 2E0YYY

Jimmy,

Andy’s information, direct from the Database, shows all the activations with the most QSOs. Vlado’s table only lists each activator once each, alongside their activation with the most QSOs.

So you are both right. In Andy’s data, I would go 4th, while in Vlado’s table I would go 3rd.

Dad (Tom M1EYP)

In reply to M1EYP:

So you are both right. In Andy’s data, I would go 4th, while in
Vlado’s table I would go 3rd.

Congratulations on a monster effort and a fine total, Tom.

Looks like I’ve really got my work cut out :wink:

Mike 2E0YYY

Thanks, Jimmy! Very interesting. Quite a lot to carry up an 830m mountain, when added to the FT817, antenna, provisions, warm clothing, etc.!

You forgot the tent, mat, sleeping bag and blood pressure tablet Walt. It was a heavy pack, and I was glad that I didn’t have to do the ascent and descent both on the same day.

I was hoping that the expedition would prove that one 7Ah SLAB would be sufficient for future reference - but it proved that I did indeed need two for all the RF I had planned.

I was expecting a greater benefit in the 2m UKAC from being on that summit than I got TBH. I still did OK (currently 2nd in the claimed scores), and ODX of 727km on 2m with 5w is not at all bad, but my QSO rate should have been much higher.

Good to work you.

Tom M1EYP

The activations are now in the Database, and in fact the QSO count on the first day was 369. This is after the weeding out of a couple of dupes from over-keen WFF chasers who worked me a second time during the day without me noticing! Thankfully MS Excel did notice. There weren’t any dupes in the 8 QSOs made on the 3rd of August!

With regard to the conversation above, this also relegates me to 5th in the ‘most QSOs in an activation’ thingy, as it drops me below EA2RKG’s 370 on EA2/SS-055

At some point in the future, I will attempt to exceed 369; I don’t expect it to be anytime soon however! It isn’t part of the SOTA awards programme, and neither should it be IMHO.

73, Tom M1EYP