Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

M1CJE Mountain Goat

Well this one flew under the radar…

Belated Congratulations to Andrew M1CJE who achieved Mountain Goat on the 12th of January 2020 by activating Black Mountain GW/SW-041. All activations on 2m only… I think…correct me if I’m wrong

73 Allan GW4VPX

Andrew on the right

16 Likes

Congratulations, great achievement. Now what?

Regars
David
G0EVV

Congratulations Andrew on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Well done a great achievement
Paul

Grand job!

How long from start to 'goat?

Congratulations Andrew, and delighted to have worked you here on your EI trip

Declan

1 Like

Many congratulations Andrew and I’m only sorry I didn’t pass them on when we had a s2s yesterday. I should think you are way past that total now and glad you were successful on your Shropshire outing yesterday. I see you only started activating in September 2017 and were piling on the points with a total of 532 in 2019. With 98 already logged in a month this year I think 2020 will be a record year!

I also wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your efforts yesterday to give me 2m and 70cm contacts on my second hill, GW/SW-013 Tory y Foel, as you drove home. Despite the high winds affecting both me and the dipole (!) we managed the 2m contact but I could hear nothing on 70cm. Thank you very much indeed for trying so hard. As I packed up I realised that activating at about 1630 on a Saturday afternoon in Wales on a day when a Six Nations Wales v Ireland match was taking place was ‘not a good idea’ (and neither was the result!!)

Enjoy your 'Sota’ing and I look forward to many more s2s with you!

73 Viki M6BWA

1 Like

Well done @M1CJE. Now you have bagged the VHF-only M.G. you’ll have to try for a UHF- or HF-only M.G.!

1 Like