M1CJE Mountain Goat

Well this one flew under the radar…

Belated Congratulations to Andrew M1CJE who achieved Mountain Goat on the 12th of January 2020 by activating Black Mountain GW/SW-041. All activations on 2m only… I think…correct me if I’m wrong

73 Allan GW4VPX

Andrew on the right

16 Likes

Congratulations, great achievement. Now what?

Regars
David
G0EVV

Congratulations Andrew on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Well done a great achievement
Paul

Grand job!

How long from start to 'goat?

Congratulations Andrew, and delighted to have worked you here on your EI trip

Declan

1 Like

Many congratulations Andrew and I’m only sorry I didn’t pass them on when we had a s2s yesterday. I should think you are way past that total now and glad you were successful on your Shropshire outing yesterday. I see you only started activating in September 2017 and were piling on the points with a total of 532 in 2019. With 98 already logged in a month this year I think 2020 will be a record year!

I also wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your efforts yesterday to give me 2m and 70cm contacts on my second hill, GW/SW-013 Tory y Foel, as you drove home. Despite the high winds affecting both me and the dipole (!) we managed the 2m contact but I could hear nothing on 70cm. Thank you very much indeed for trying so hard. As I packed up I realised that activating at about 1630 on a Saturday afternoon in Wales on a day when a Six Nations Wales v Ireland match was taking place was ‘not a good idea’ (and neither was the result!!)

Enjoy your 'Sota’ing and I look forward to many more s2s with you!

73 Viki M6BWA

1 Like

Well done @M1CJE. Now you have bagged the VHF-only M.G. you’ll have to try for a UHF- or HF-only M.G.!

1 Like