/m

It never ceases to amaze me, how many /M stations are out there. Shed loads of chasers sign /M. I suspect the radio is a great source of comfort, especially to the number of stations I worked, who were stuck in a massive traffic jam on the M6, after a bad accident this morning.

Great to work the /M stations.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

For the first time I had a 2m FM rig in the car and an antenna on the top on a trip down to Southampton and back last week. Scanning the simplex frequencies and repeaters (where the conversations can provide gentle amusement!), the urge to stop the car (I don’t have a better setup yet) and catch a SOTA activator is great - even though I’m not a real SOTA chaser.

I worked Caroline M3ZCB on the way down and yourself on the way back!

John GM8OTI

In reply to GM8OTI:

I worked Caroline M3ZCB on the way down and yourself on the way back!

Thanks for the call, John. I worked 89 contacts on 2m FM from G/SP-004 today, 23 of which were /M!

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Hi Mike,

Nice to work you twice today, once from home on the way out of the door, & again during my lunch break from Belthorn, near Blackburn, where I too signed /M as I was walking around in the sunshine with a handheld.

Infinitely more pleasant than being stuck in a traffic jam on the M6!

Thanks & best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

Infinitely more pleasant than being stuck in a traffic jam on the M6!

Or in a parked car in the work car park - which is where I’m often operating from

[cue further debate as to when /M becomes /P or even /A]

Andrew
M6ADB