Lutz DL3SBA passing 1000 activator points

Congratulations, Lutz!
It was always a great pleasure to hear your strong signal, and I hope to hear you soon again and for a long-long time yet, providing us dozens of new summits and chaser points.

73: Jóska, HA5CW

Willkommen im Club.
Ich war ja schon am 05.09.10 so weit, siehe auch Ortsverband Cochem (K45) - DARC unter Aktuelles.

Falls Trophy geordert wird, besser mit PayPal zahlen, sonst bei klassicher Überweisung ganz viele Gebühren!

Willkommen im Club.
Ich war ja schon am 05.09.10 so weit, siehe auch Ortsverband Cochem (K45) - DARC unter Aktuelles.

Falls Trophy geordert wird, besser mit PayPal zahlen, sonst bei klassicher Überweisung ganz viele Gebühren!

Gratulation dear Lutz for passing the magical 1.000 points for the MG.
We hope, we hear you for the next 1.000 points on the bands.

73 de Christian OE5HCE /OE50HCE

In reply to OE5HCE:

Hi Lutz

Many congratulations on achieving MG, and many
thanks for all the great contacts we have had.

Best 73,

Dave G0ELJ

In reply to G0ELJ:
MANY CONGRATULATIONS LUTZ for achieving MG.
I thank You for my many chaser points, and your patience during pileups.
73`s
Bob G6ODU

In reply to DL1DLF:
Hallo Lutz,
Gratulation zur “Mountain Goat” und vielen
Dank für die vielen Chaser Punkte.

Vy 73,
Steffen

In reply to all:

thank you very much for your kind words and so many congratulations. I hope to meet you from many SOTA summits in the future!
I like it very much to do some hamradio from the hills. When I started with SOTA in August 2007, I have read something about SOTA and I have thought to give it a try. I was very surprised to meet so many friendly hams all over Europe and was infected by the SOTA idea very soon. SOTA is the ideal combination of walking, climbing on the hills, playing with the radio, speaking with hams on the air and to discover the landscape in front of my door, which I often don’t know really. So I must say a thank you to the SOTA founders too!
The good signals, which some mentioned, are produced from my mostly used Kenwood TS-480SAT transceiver. It has a very hot receiver, is not too heavy for using on the hills, has a good DSP and notch filter. By using 50 watts output you will need about 3,2 Ah for one hour making QSOs on HF. I suppose, that this fine rig is a little underrated by the ham community. If someone owns a TS-480 perhaps you will give it a try on a summit!

Finally, thank you very much for your posts, 73 to all chasers and activators, I hope to meet you soon,

Lutz DL3SBA

In reply to DO1DJJ:
Congratulations to Lutz.

If I have understood Joerg’s post correctly he is correct. The banks charge excessive fees for transferring money into the SOTA account (what is new?). Paypal will do the currency conversion and payment at very reasonable cost (included in the amount we charge).

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:
I can see the advantage of PayPal for overseas members, such as Joerg, as clearly the bank charges for paying in foreign currency is excessive. For us in the UK however direct internet bank transfer presumably is a cheap and convenient way - or of course a good old fashioned cheque. There are many of us who for various reasons dislike PayPal and only use it in the last resort where there is no alternative.

73 Dave G3YMC

In reply to DL1DLF:

Congratulations to Lutz, very well done. It`s always a pleasure to hear an activator who works down thw pileup whatever the weather. Whenever I see an alert for Lutz I always monitor as I normally have a 99% chance of hearing/working him. I have a TS480SAT on the shack floor - may give it a try someday.

In reply to DL3SBA:

Congratulations Lutz on your Mountain Goat status.

You are always a very strong signal here in Cambridgeshire, 100 km north of London.

Thank you for the many chaser points you have given me.

Good luck for the future.

73 Tony G8BVJ

Congratulations Lutz!

Many thanks for all contacts and so much summit points.
I look forward to working you again soon.

Best 73,

“Frank”, DL2EF

In reply to DL2EF:
Congratulations Lutz!
Thank you for some summit to summit contacts.
73 de HB9TNF Guido.

In reply to DL1DLF:

Congratulations Lutz for becoming a Mountain Goat!
hope to work you on alot more.

G0VWP Terry