Lovely Seat in the N-P district

Hello all, HNY 2023, Well today i posted a photo of my daughter activating
NP-030 Lovely Seat in the Northern Pennines from years ago (roughly 20 years ago) but just checking on the web site it says That the summit its no longer in the group, Any info please,
der 73 m0sgb

Which web site? (Type the URL please)

The last messages from you on here are:

• this one questioning where a picture has vanished to
  • one on 23 April 2022. to DL20SOTA

sorry missed a bit of information out of the comment, it should have asked what happened to NP-030 Lovely Seat

1 Like

Just type in the reference on the reflector…

1 Like

oh now i see, its just that i posted a photo on the facebook page and someone as asked me which summit it was, and i couldn’t find the reference number, so thank you for quick reply

Hi Steve,

Happy New Year to your and your family. I seem to recall that very day when you and your daughter Bobbie M3DNC activated Lovely Seat G/NP-030 and I remember myself, my dad Tom @M1EYP and my brother Liam visiting this summit on the same day later that day which was before I was even licensed. I seem to recall these Lovely Seat G/NP-030 activations taking place on the Yorkshire Dales weekend back in 2005 when we all stayed at Dent Youth Hostel.

Back in 2010, Lovely Seat G/NP-030 along with Baystones G/LD-039 were found to no longer be Marilyns and one of my first jobs I had to do in my role as G - Association Manager was to delete these 2 SOTA summits. I can see that Robert @M0RWX has already posted a link to my Reflector thread regarding deleting Lovely Seat G/NP-030 and Baystones G/LD-039.

Jimmy M0HGY (formerly 2E0EYP and M3EYP)
G - Association Manager

1 Like

Hi Jimmy also Happy New Year to you and your family, Hope you and Liam have recovered from last night, are you sure it was lovely seat me and my daughter activated, as I do remember doing Great Knoutberry hill when we stayed at Dent, but then getting old does have its moments, I know we have had some great times out on the summits,
De 73 m0sgb

3 Likes

Hi Steve,

Great Knoutberry Hill G/NP-015 was the hill that all of us activated the on the Sunday of the Yorkshire Dales weekend as a joint activation. It was the Saturday of that weekend I seem to recall you and Bobbie M3DNC activating G/NP-030 while we were in Great Shunner Fell G/NP-006 and we went onto Lovely Seat G/NP-030 later that day.

Me and Liam are doing OK.

Jimmy M0HGY

Hi Steve,

Lovely Seat was resurveyed and found to be 149.1m prominent. It is still a HuMPt and can be logged on the HEMA website if you so wish. A few other NPs have changed over the years as well.

73 and HNY 2023,

Gerald

I also activated G/NP-030 before its demise Jimmy @M0HGY on 18 October 2009, after also doing G/NP-006 via the @G4YSS Grimy Gutter Hags route from Butternut Pass. Seem to recall the two summits were convenient to do as a pair same day, same parking place and shorter walk. I was on my own and only took one rubbish photo of the pile of stones in the mist there. I won’t be logging it as a HEMA, not opening up that can of worms, SOTA is enough for me!

©Crown copyright 2022 Ordnance Survey. Media 041/22

73 Phil G4OBK

Lovely Seat:

1 Like

Ditto Phil… and I went on to Dodd Fell Hill G/NP-016 afterwards. It’s a pity the pairing no longer exists as they offered a sharp contrast in routes. They were my first foray ito the northern summits and look where that took me. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Phil,

We walked up these 2 summits on the same day in April 2005 from Buttertubs Pass which was 5 months before I was licensed so only my dad Tom @M1EYP activated these 2 summits back then. I activated Great Shunner Fell G/NP-006 with my dad back in August 2006 when we were walking the Pennine Way. Me and my dad both activated Lovely Seat G/NP-030 back in October 2006 for which we parked at Buttertubs Pass for, but as we had already activated Great Shunner Fell G/NP-006 2 months prior, we did not bother walking up this one from Buttertubs Pass when we returned there after descending Lovely Seat G/NP-030.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

And names - “Grimy Gutter Hags” v “Lovely Seat”. I think the former is a little harsh, I’ve been through worse terrain. I can’t speak for Lovely Seat, but I’m tempted for the future

2 Likes