LoRa APRS Tracker (Part 3)

:+1:

2 Likes

Sounds like a bargain. Good to have you joining us soon.

2 Likes

If you see them at £7.77 again, let me know.

Dave

1 Like

If you look at aliexpress from an incognito window they are £7.77 but whether you can order one once you log in I don’t know.

1 Like

Great tip Richard…bang on right…

Dave

2 Likes

But can you actually order one? If you use an existing login, email or delivery address? Or is it not that clever? There’s a challenge for you.

1 Like

sadly it appears not … it reverts to full price when I just tried it

2 Likes

ditto. I got bored with it sending me codes - that don’t arrive. Life is too short, I’ll pay the £17.

Dave

1 Like

Whenever I try to order from AliExpress it keeps saying they “do not deliver to your country”. I tried ordering “incognito” but still no joy. what am I missing here? update Finally managed to order a tracker!

3 Likes

My iGate is now up and running as GW4VPX-3. Good coverage North towards GW/MW-001 and Cardigan bay.

Thanks to Richard G3CWI for sorting out the software and to Rob G0PEB and Dave M0JKS for pointing me in the right direction. Tracker on the way.

73 Allan

9 Likes

I see that another new LoRa iGate has appeared. All good. I have one here for John G3WGV. Edit: Just noticed one has appeared in West Cumbria too: G7KSE.

3 Likes

The more the merrier I hope Richard, Mine just went live this afternoon G1JPV-10,

Fingers crossed I can add to the system :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I have two Heltec V3s which barely last 6 hours. Battery life is bad. I recently upgraded to a T-Deck “Meshberry” and I’m loving it. Battery lasts a couple days and has a full keyboard and trackball for responding.

I got my meshberry as a kit (only way) from Rokland in the US. Main board is one unit and it comes with a stock antenna. Purchased the battery, a case, and an external antenna. GPS is an option, but the board comes with a connector that needs to be removed and the GPS receiver soldered on and I’ve not had the time for messing with that and my soldering skills are pretty bad.

Still, I’m happy with it without GPS (being a privacy geek I actually prefer it this way). I’ve included a picture of the unit and you’ll see why I call it a “Meshberry” and a screenshot of the map the device sees (map and configuration requires a phone connection still). The SoCalMesh group out here is working on getting repeaters installed on several buildings and mountain tops.

3 Likes

Two more ready to go. Just supplied one to Tom M1EYP. If anyone else in the UK wants one and isn’t confident that they can set them up, feel free to DM me.

10 Likes

I have ordered in the parts for another two. One is already taken. If anyone else wants one, DM me. I will send them ready to use.

4 Likes

G7HEM appears to be trying out his LoRa tracker in a plane currently!

6 Likes

Some impressive range for these trackers 54 miles!

7 Likes

Yes, a nice evening flight in the flexwing. I’m surprised the longest path wasn’t longer though because at one point I was up at 3500ft. Still, so far it’s at least as reliable as ADS-B.

5 Likes

You managed to hit my igate where ever you were :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve ordered all the parts, received batteries and case, just waiting for the board to arrive from Ali Express…. will have a go at putting it all together first - may need some support programming, will see :+1:

5 Likes