End of SOTA tour F/MC - F/JU

Hi all,

Between the 09 and 21 August 2020 I’ll try to active some SOTA summits :wink: :
F/MC-017 - Truc de Fortunio Actived
F/MC-024 - Mont Mouchet Actived
F/MC-025 - Truc de la Garde
F/MC-236 - Le Devès (there is a big TV / communications tower so I’ll try)
Later :
F/JU-099 - Fort du Mont Vaudois Actived
F/JU-027 - Planches des Belles Filles ( the beautiful girls board’s in English)
F/JU-112 - Le Chérimont
F/JU-094 - Bois de la Thure
FL/VO ???

I’ll operate 7.036 with QCX 4w EFHW antenna and 145.500 8w 5/8 antenna.
All weather dependent, look at SW3 spot and alert if I can reach connection.

See you all :upside_down_face:

73 Éric F5JKK

Edit 1 : I’ll post a report here.
Edit 2 : Added one summit.

4 Likes

Hi all
Last news :

My trip starts tomorrow with my new SUV :wink:

I have to visit family members and in the meantime I will try to activate some of the summits I have indicated above.
I hope to do as much as possible but my time will be shared with my family who also hope to have a good vacation.
Hence my choice for summits whose access is not too complicated. (Also to try my new car :slight_smile: don’t tell that to my XYL)

73 Éric

1 Like

Bonsoir Eric,
F/JU-099 se trouve dans une zone militaire. Je l’ai déjà signalé, l’accès au sommet n’est pas possible, mais on peut rester sur le chemin forestier dans la limite des 25m.
A bientôt sur l’air ! 73’s F6GLZ jean claude

La planche des belles filles est par contre très accessible, il y a même table et banc là haut, idéal pour sangler une verticale et prendre un casse-croûte. Vue dégagée. Par contre, les belles filles semblent se cacher ….
F6GLZ

1 Like

Je n’oublie toujours pas HB/AG-007. C’est dans les cartons, je t’enverrai un mail avant l’activation qui pourrait se faire ce mois-ci encore ou en septembre.

Bonsoir Jean Claude, @F6GLZ

Merci pour les infos , mon beau-frère habite à 600m du F/JU-099 et j’aurai un bon guide :slight_smile: il jouait là-haut depuis tout petit, pour le HB/AG-007 c’est fait mais ce sera un plaisir de te QSO là-bas :+1:
A bientôt
73 Éric

Hi all

Happy to make this one today ! A lot of thunderstorm since the 09 august !
F/MC-017
Callers signal where quiet strongs, but I think not mine :roll_eyes:
Nice view on the summit, you can see the landscape !

The log :

73 Éric

2 Likes

Bonjour Éric et merci pour l’activation et QSO.
C’était vraiment difficile de te copier avec une signale faible de ton coté et un QRM terrible chez-moi.
Merci d’avoir publié photo et log de l’activation. Je suis content de m’avoir trouvé sur le log.
J’espère de pouvoir te chaser aussi dans tes prochaines activations. Avec des signales un peu plus fortes, si possible :pray:

Guru

2 Likes

Très belle voiture! Félicitations!

Elle le sait… :wink:

Guru

1 Like

Hi all
Tomorrow wouldn’t ok to activate on my zone :pensive:

But I have to make a choice for Friday …
F/MC-236 or F/MC-024 or F/MC-025
Big deal :wink:

73 Éric

Hi all

Yesterday was trying to recognize Le Devès F/MC-236 ! I find an easy way but around me a million of horse flies :woozy_face: . My dream for a first activation summit was gone !

I decided to go today on Le Mont Mouchet F/MC-024.
The weather was very good and discovered a nice 360° landscape :star_struck: (F/MC-025 not yet activated).

Next to the trig-point you have nice viewpoint diagram :+1:

The shack was easy to find !

Propagation was good with big signal, now I know the suffering of the portable station … @F5UKL/P @HB9CBR/P and @S53XX/P were strong … please chaser when you heard /P /P please let the portable make the s2s :sunglasses:
The Log, @EA7GV Jose win the distance :

Very happy to make VHF QSO, DX was at 85km with only 8w of my Baofeng GT-3TP and an 5/8 telescopic antenna :+1:

Many thanks XYL Christine for all reporter support and many more :wink:

Sunday we will go to F/JU in another trip. Tomorrow Saturday I’ve to restore the balance of the couple … Tourism program :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Frankly, come visit this beautiful region, many summit waiting you, gastronomic is delicious :+1:

73 Éric

5 Likes

Thank you for the activation and QSO today. The signal was not too strong, but readability was very good.
I’ll be looking forward to chasing you again soon.

Guru

1 Like

Hello Eric,
Bien content d’avoir pu te contacter aujourd’hui en tant que chasseur et non pas depuis un sommet comme les fois précedentes.
Je te souhaite de bien profiter de ton séjour aussi bien sur le plan touristico-familial que sur le plan touristico-radio.
73’s
Laurent

1 Like

Merci pour le s2s
@ bientôt
Roger

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: Very happy, I’m a champion at something.

1 Like

@EA7GV José, era difícil por mi y mis 3 vatios de trabajar cualquier :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: entonces me da por decir mi DX :+1:t2: A pesar que tendría que decir cuál es el más cerca … 40 m Y verdad es el más difícil!
Un real placer de trabajarte 73

Hi all from F/JU-099

The F5JKK/P summer trip ended here :pensive:

After a large tourism tour and looking the end of holidays I was a bit disappointed of my previous summit count :dizzy_face:
On the August 20 we go to F/JU-099 very nearly one, next to my brother-in-law’s house … 675m direct path !
It is an old fort built for the first world war but which was used only during the second world war… lot of stories in !
Now is no more military zone and you can before making an activation there, call Alain (see the photo - phone n°) who is in charge of the association “les Amis du Fort du Mont Vaudois”. He is very interested in radio activity and for little cost (3€ by person) you can visit the Fort and in addition you will be able to have access to the top of the site :+1:

A sunny day (32°C)

The log :

The map :
FJU099 Map

After the effort the comfort :

The holidays are over !
I want to thank all the chasers and activators who made it possible for me to have a great time ! :sunglasses:

73 see you soon
Éric

Edit :
Ouups ! I miss to say thank you to Christine my reporter :wink: :kissing_heart:

4 Likes