LD-057 Swinside

Audrey and I have managed to obtain permission from the land owner for us to operate from this much sought summit on Sunday 6th April 08.
The plan is to meet him at 1100 local time and he may well accompany us to the summit. We hope to be active from about 1200local (1100Z) Operation will follow the usual pattern 5MHz ssb, 7MHz cw, 10MHz cw,144Mhz ssb and 145Mhz fm. Because lots of people seem to need this one, if 5MHz ssb is difficult due to propagation, we will try cw on the same frequency. VHF may be difficult also as the little summit is badly overlooked in most directions.
One fly in the ointment is the weather forecast of snow at all levels which, given the roads in these parts may cause problems. We will keep you informed
Rob and Audrey
G4RQJ

Better take a BIG battery with you Rob, it could be a loooooooooong session.
73, MIke

In reply to G4RQJ:
Pauline and I hope to activate something in the Three Peaks area that day, WX permitting, so I’ll look for you. We’ll be staying at the Yorkshire Ramblers Club hut near Clapham, and will be out of contact for a few days so no alerts.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G4RQJ:

Wow!! This will be the pile up of the year Rob, hi, well done on your effort to gain permission for this rare summit. I’ll be listening for sure, it will complete LD for me.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G4RQJ:
Great news Rob !
Must get the '857 moded - are the jumpers wire, solder blobs or surface mount diodes?? Not looked inside yet!
As this one is bound to cause a pile up of immense proportions could I humbly request that chasers who feel the need to call on every band join in at the end of callers after their first contact. This will give everyone a better chance of gaining this unique.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:
Well said, Roger, thats what I always try and do (you can’t always hear callers but you know when things are slowing down!)

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G4RQJ:

Rob, If ever there was a guaranteed pile up that will be it. Fortunately I am not working so you will either have me grinning like a Cheshire cat if we make it or trying to kick next doors cat if conditions are bad and we fail. Good luck.

73 Steve GW7AAV

(only need six more English summits)

In reply to G4RQJ:

Hi Rob - I`ve already got Swinside “ticked off”. Would it be possible for you to do a different hill please? ;-))

In reply to G1INK:
I actually need Swinside Steve, this is not going to help :wink:

In reply to G1INK:

Nice try Steve :0D

Mine you I would be just as pleased with G/LD-043 Hallin Fell - Anyone?

In reply to GW7AAV:

Hi, Steve.

We’ll be going back there soon. Hopefully we won’t have the gales this time.

73, Richard

In reply to G4RQJ:

Hi Rob,
I will be up in the Lakes camping in Borrowdale at Chapel Farm campsite NY 256140 near Rosthwaite 1/2m from the village.
Hoping wx will not be to bad doing LD-044.

Terry G0VWP

Setting off for Keswick now, road reports and WX not promising
Rob
G4RQJ