Lambrigg Fell G/LD-046 : GOML?

For those of you who don’t subscribe to the RHB mailing list there is post from a walker had a mild experience with a farmer on Lambrigg Fell. I’m not going to post the message verbatim (it’s not mine see) but the gist was the farmer wasn’t happy that people were leaving the path and wandering about. The author did say that farmer acknowledges the right to roam on this land “but he started going on about ground nesting skylarks and curlews and the danger from the high velocity rifles he uses to shoot ‘vermin’.” The author states the farmer was not unpleasant nor agressive and was not looking for confrontation.

There’s no corrobarating evidence that this is an accurate description of events but potential activators may want to make a note of this. To read the whole post, visit the RHB group on Yahoo.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

On my first activation of this hill I had a chat to a farmer in a field just off the summit, he passed on a warning to me about his eccentric neighbour having a bit of a reputation, personally I never saw this eccentric farmer but he does appear to be known.
The advice given to me was to stick to the paths where possible and don’t draw attention to yourself and leash any dogs you have with you. All good advice at any time I think.