Lake District Trip

We arrived home last night after a very enjoyable holiday in the Lake District during which we activated the following summits:
LD-020 (Dale Head), 8 July
LD-047 (Loughrigg Fell), 9 July
LD-022 (Seat Sandal), 10 July
LD-017 (Red Screes), 12 July
LD-051 (Holm Fell), 14 July
LD-003 (Helvellyn), 15 July

I was accompanied on all these activations by my wife and our 3 children aged 16 (Down’s), 12, and 7. I’m happy to report that they all really enjoyed themselves - the children are as keen on accumulating activator points as I am!

Very many thanks to all stations who called me, and for those who spotted me. We’re already planning our next trip!

Fred,
GI4MWA

In reply to GI4MWA:

Hi Fred and family

Glad to hear you had a safe journey back across the water.

It was great to work you on the summits and get the s2s with you while you were on your holidays in G/LD land, sounds like a good time was had by all.

A card went in the post (direct) this morning as promised.

Will maybe catch you from home soon, you never know.

73 to you all.

Mike GW0DSP

P.S. I thought I caught you on all six summits Fred but have no records for LD47. Did we QSO or not? Not like me to mislay contact info. I remember chatting to you that I was going to attempt that one and you said it was a fair walk in. Maybe we spoke when you were on a different summit, hi.

In reply to GI4MWA:

Thanks for the chaser points you gave me, Fred. I managed to catch you on four out of the six summits. There were a couple of very lucky breaks. I caught you twice just as I got up for a quick drink before going back to bed because I was working nights.

Hopefully I will be able to work you in GI sometime soon either on or from a summit.

Nice to see someone else taking the family along on SOTA outings.

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GI4MWA:

Hi Fred

Managed to work you on two summits only, being Holm Fell and Helvellyn and it was my pleasure to do so. Glad both the family and yourself enjoyed the Lake District holiday and the safe journey home to Moira…
Hope to work you on your next trip over the water if not before. A true gentleman.

Ian 2E0EDX
Blackpool

In reply to GW0DSP:

P.S. I thought I caught you on all six summits Fred but have no
records for LD47. Did we QSO or not? Not like me to mislay contact
info. I remember chatting to you that I was going to attempt that one
and you said it was a fair walk in. Maybe we spoke when you were on a
different summit, hi.

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately LD-047 was the only summit where I didn’t work you. I only managed 5 QSOs from there. It’s certainly a very picturesque walk to the summit, but I’ve always found the take-off from Loughrigg on 2m to be rather poor. It’s certainly worth doing, but it always seems like a lot of effort for 1 point!

Many thanks for the S2S with you on NW-062 - a new chaser unique for me.

Best wishes, 73,
Fred,
GI4MWA