KX2 replacement thumb screws

Hello All,
I am currently staying with my son and family in Needham MA and last week I completed an activation of W1/HA-001 Mount Washington NH on Friday and somehow I lost the two thumbscrews on each end of my KX2. I phoned Elecraft in California on Monday afternoon (Monday morning in California) and was advised to put my request in an email which I later did to get the part numbers. After another phone call the company said that they would send me the parts foc as I was an existing customer. The screws duly arrived today in Needham. I am very impressed with the helpful staff and just wanted to share this with the SOTA community. Of course as they say other brands of radio are available!

Nick G4OOE

3 Likes

Excellent news about Elecraft replacing your thumbscrews Nick. Always good to know a company is looking after its customers.

Congratulations (by the way) on the Triple three thousand point Mountain Goat score achieved when you were activating in USA last week.

73 Phil

1 Like

Thanks Very much Phil. An easy drive-on 10 pointer to get me over the line😄

1 Like

I have had similar service from Elecraft - top flight.
Malcolm VE2DDZ

1 Like

ON my KX3 the lettering got loose, the orange/yellow tekst falls of, a mail to N6KR resulted in a complete new front, without charge, what a service !
TU ELEcraft, you guys are indeed “ELEgant” !!

Now I’m waiting on a new KX1s and a K1s :slight_smile: I wish …. …

All best 73
ON6UU

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me on an activation in Colorado. Lost a thumb screw on one end of my KX2. Voila, I had a replacement in no time from Elecraft. Great outfit.

Dennis - WA2USA

2 Likes