Kinder Scout

In reply to M3MND:

…got interrupted by the patter of tiny feet across the landing.

Shouldn’t that be Little Feat? Sorry showing my age…

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

I prefer Little Feat (or do you mean tiger feet) to “Rubber Bullets” - (10CC - any one remember them??)

Besides this cold weathers bound to leave me breathless, affects my asthma.

All for now. Time for my mug of hot chocolate and off to the land of make believe.

Amanda (2E0MND)

In reply to M3MND:

In reply to GW0DSP:

Sorry, was half way through typing and got interrupted by the patter
of tiny feet across the landing.

Ah, isn’t it ironic? those little children will play mind games with their mammas and the pappas. I hope you all enjoyed your walk, I know that you will climb every mountain. By the way, were you lucky enough to spot the eagles up there? I beleive they feed on the byrds and the many species of beatles up there.

Mike
GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Sorry we didn’t see any animals, but there was a kind of supergrass that can grow everywhere. So what can you do, you take a chance, leave out all the rest and get on with bright side of life.

At least it was a winter wonderland and i didn’t crash, boom, bang down the rocky mountain high and get covered in golden brown.

Sometimes its dirty work but you have to be good to yourself and do it again.

Amanda (2E0MND)
(14 - I think - 70’s & 80’s think hard)

In reply to M3MND:

There were village people everywhere on Rombalds Moor. A party of bachelors came over and said hello, I recognised one of them and said I remember you. He was carrying a parcel, so I asked him what it was, he said sweets for my sweet, I intend to tell Laura I love her. I warned him that if he carried them in that manner he would suffer from needles and pins. That was enough, they said we gotta get out of this place and they were gone like a bat out of hell, I don’t know why they felt the need to runaway so quickly. Next, we spotted a fox on the run who stopped to do what he shouldn’t in a small stream, the rascal turned it into a yellow river. Shortly after the fox started chasing cars down the access road causing one car to go into a spin for a complete revolution. Luckily the car stayed on the road so there was no need to move it or call the fire brigade. Yes, it was a strange day on the summit although as the weather girls promised it stayed dry which pleased me because I can’t stand the rain. On the way home there was a lot of traffic hold ups, it was caused by some men at work on the road, apparently they came from a land down under and they had heard that in the UK you can get money for nothing. I wished them well and said take good care of yourself because life is a roller coaster.

Phew, how many in that one then? The older amongst will probably get the highest score.

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

You need to get out more Mike… perhaps another NP Fun Day is needed urgently!

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

You could be right Gerald.

73, Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

I can just see you on a summit riding a camel and wearing velvet underpants to keep out the curved air…dammit, now you’ve got me doing it, too, is madness catching?

Brian G8ADD