JG4LCS/4 CQing from SOTA and received via LP by EA2IF on 10/JAN/2022

Hi all,
Here’s a short video I recorded this morning when JG4LCS/4 was CQing on 14.062 MHz and I was receiving his signals via Long Path with my 3 elements yagi beaming about 215º.

The interruptions you’ll notice every now and then are due to the internet signal jitters, as I was using my antenna and RX/TX placed in a rural QTH with myself and the main radio control of the IC-706 rig placed in the city of Pamplona, 18 Km North-East of the rural QTH.

I’ll see if I can also put on youtu.be the audio file of our QSO.

Enjoy.

Guru

19 Likes

Hello Guru-san.

Thank you for nice DX-QSO Yesterday.
I was very excited hearing your Signal.
I used KX2 10w, EFHW 7mH.

Hope to see you again.

Seiji JG4LCS

7 Likes

Hi Guru,

So nice ! CONGRATS !!!

Sorry for the little off topic but you reminded me that I worked @JH1MXV on my activation of SP/BZ-010 last Sunday :wink:

Such events are always memorable :wink:

73, Jarek

6 Likes

It took me quite a while, but I’ve finally managed to merge both audio files of our QSO, the one I recoded in my shack and the one recorded by Seiji-san while he was activating his SOTA in Japan.
You can see the result here:
QSO EA2IF-JG4LCS/4 SOTA on 220110 - YouTube

I hope you’ll find it interesting.
Let me explain that some errors can be heard in my morse code heard in Japan as well as in the JG4LCS/4 morse code heard in my radio, but they are due to the jitters in the internet signal involved in my remote station.

I have recently changed the internet at my remote QTH from terrestrial signal received from a repeater on top of a nearby mountain and a dish antenna in my QTH to an optic fibre, so I hope the mentionned internet signal jitters problem will be minimal from now on.

Guru

5 Likes

hi Guru, you did a great doing that youtube of your ja qso. Well done.

cheers, Geoff vk3sq

3 Likes

Hi Guru-san.
Thanks for your great video.
See you at JA SOTA QSO PARTY.

5 Likes

I hope to QSO with you and many other JA activators on 20m LP before your sunset of the 19th and after our sunrise.
See following my log of last Feb 8th. All these QSOs were made via Long Path in our morning (your afternoon-evening):

We will check how conditions evolve from now to March 20th and we will adapt our times and strategies accordingly if necessary.

Guru

2 Likes