Is sota on twitter or facebook?

Erm…see title.

In reply to GW0TQM:

Hi Carl - you can receive “spots” via twitter, see :-

http://sotawatch.org/reflector.php?topic=3474#27949

It also says where the spot has originated from which sometimes makes interesting reading.

In reply to GW0TQM:

SOTAwatch spots are gatewayed to the Twitter account @SOTAwatch. This is a personal initiative and is in no way “official”.

Martyn M1MAJ (accidentally finding himself logged on as Caroline!)

In reply to GW0TQM:

The following Venn diagram explains the situation succinctly. (Apologies for using rectangles not circles for the set boundaries and dots to preserve the formatting.)

|--------------------|…|--------------------|
|…|…|…|
|.People.on.Facebook.|…|.People.I.want.to…|
|…|…|.associate.with…|
|…|…|…|
----------------------…----------------------

Note the overlap between the sets!

:slight_smile:

A similar diagram can be drawn for Twitter.

Andy
MM0FMF

EDIT: I give up. I also hate proportionally spaced fonts :frowning:

The phrase “own goal” springs to mind… :wink:

In reply to M1EYP:

I’ve just spent 75mins in a progress meeting where dudes from around Europe reported their lack of progress over assorted dodgy VOIP lines during the last week. The result was I made no progress for 75mins! Whilst trying to stay away during the tedium I did a vertical Venn diagram which showed the lack of overlap between the groups. However, my total apathy and contempt for this Web2.0 nonsense cut in and I couldn’t be bothered to post it!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

EDIT: I give up. I also hate proportionally spaced fonts :frowning:

Don’t worry Andy, 95% of us wouldn’t have a clue about what you were on about anyway!

73, Gerald

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi Andy,
Liked your diagram. Thought you placed the group boundries a bit too close. At least that’s my view on Facebook!

Frank

In reply to G3RMD:

Oh, go on then!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
People_on_facebook
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
People_on_facebook
I_want_to_
associate_with
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Don’t you mean “People I want to associate with” in the second set?

The second set you indicate above surely represents the intersection you claim doesn’t exist?

Long day Andy?

:wink:

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G4OIG:

Don’t worry Andy, 95% of us wouldn’t have a clue about what you were
on about anyway!

Well I do, I loathe them when I’m trying to construct a table on the web!

Brian G8ADD

PS Any advance on loathe?

In reply to G8ADD:

Just testing …

People on Facebook People I want to associate with

EDIT: No it doesn’t work here :frowning: I’m sure it would on Facebook …

John GM8OTI

In reply to M1EYP:

An expression involving hoists and petards springs to mind!

sigh

Yes, a very long day. Meetings, software design, head scratching with regards to charging over USB, producing Powerpoint slides, more dull meetings, writing scripts to turn customer files into the format they claim they’re in already…

I could have gone and edited that faux pas and claimed you need an eye test :wink:

Shall I start on Twitter now?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to GW0TQM:

In answer to the original question - Yes, there are several SOTA groups on Facebook. SOTA (Summits on the Air), SOTA (Summits On The Air), (sota) summits on the air, SOTA Greece, SOTAmaps.com etcetera. There are over 500 groups with Sota in the title so you will have to sort through to find all those that are to do with Summits on the Air.

Despite what the FB haters will tell you SOTA (Summits on the Air) has 200 members as does (sota) summits on the air, SOTA Greece 366 members and SOTA (Summits On The Air) 56 members, none of whom Andy MM0FMF wants to associate with ;0)

Twitter has already been mentioned and Martyn’s SPOTs to Twitter service is great. I get all the spots on my mobile phone when mobile or portable.

Regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

none of whom Andy MM0MFM wants to associate with ;0)

That make’s 2 of us then! :wink:

Andy
emm emm zero eff emm eff

In reply to MM0FMF:

Oops! On nights and just got up. Either that or a malfunction in the man/machine interface. Back to the grind stone…