Incredible propagation now and for 2 weeks??

So I didn’t get the points because I was at another summit before and had an S2S with him… and he was still at the same summit.

I haven’t noticed that yet either.

73 Armin

2 Likes

My activation of F/CR-229, Mont Puget (11.05.2024) was also very difficult. For the first half hour of my activation, I heard nothing at all on all HF bands except a station that was also activating a summit only about 70 kilometres away from me.

We first had a S2S on 20m. But his modulation was very special. Totally hummed, abnormal and difficult to understand. A couple of minutes later we also had QSOs on other HF bands and there his modulation was completely normal. I wonder whether on 20 metres, in addition to the ground wave, the sky wave with reflection on the polar regions was somehow also playing a part or whether his device had a problem on 20m. I don’t know. I afterwards heard him calling CQ again on 20m and the modulation was still just as strange as before already on 20m.

At least I heard a few other weak signals again at the end my activation and could only make two more QSO’s to the Netherlands and Germany (S2S).

2 Likes

That was likely an auroral distortion, few years back I’ve hear something similar on 40m

3 Likes

The good radio conditions continue. There was an X8.7 flare today. https://spaceweather.com/

2 Likes

It would have been fun if it happened a few days ago when the sunspot was on the earth facing side of the Sun!

2 Likes