Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Icom 705 Plus Survey

We are months away before the awesome Icom 705 hits the North American shores for sale

There is demand for the Icom 705 Plus version (includes a Tuner) and a bigger BP-style battery pack

Here is the survey

Thanks for you help as I work with Icom to release the radio we wanted in the first place beyond a 7300/9700 mash up

2 Likes

I think your survey asks all the wrong questions. 6 years too late Icom, most active SOTA activators are not going to shelve their kx3/2s or ft 817’s, MTR’s etc to buy another radio. I know you can never have enough radios but I already have 4 rigs I could take to a summit in my back pack. That’s what I think.
Regards
vk5cz …

1 Like

I too have a sickness of too many radios like the 817, G90, KX2, 703, MTBR, homebrew but darn it I dont need to pack an HT to work 1 Charlie on the Krozenplatz repeater on I/AA-187 Corones with the 705 after my SOTA activation

My FT-891 can go 5 to 100 watts as needed without an amplifier

Come on Kenwood with a rebuttal please
John VE3IPS

I very much doubt that you will get anything more than a polite acknowledgement from Icom.

3 Likes

I use lots of Icom rigs in my shack and mobile I think I have 7 if I count them all up I am just saying they are a bit late with the new ic 705 but I hope they sell a mob of them to SOTA activators who may be in the market for a new rig. I wish them luck and am sure the purchaser will get a great rig.
CZ …

2 Likes

The 817 is best…

UHF contest 2014, OM/ZA-067 Miro OM7SM

2 Likes

The survey is non product specific and looks more like a generic template for a market survey; some questions don’t even apply. I find it hard to understand how it would gather specific and actionable feedback on the IC-705.

How exactly are you “working with Icom” on this ?

3 Likes