I/CA-309 validity?

Hello,

I worked SOTA to SOTA on 1 July with IZ8TBK and his reference was I/CA-309. Trying to log the chasing I found that I/CA-309 does not exist in the official SOTA list for the Italian association - neither the summit by name Monte Finestra announced by the IZ8TBK profile on QRZ.com

Any comment or experience?

73 form Damjan, Z35BY

In reply to Z35BY:
Hello Damjan, I worked Ernesto IZ8TBK/P just after I worked you and he gave me I/CA308 which is valid in the data base. 73 Don G0RQL.

In reply to Z35BY:

Hello Damjan,

As Don G0RQL wrote, I also worked Ernesto yesterday with the I/CA-308(readed on the sotawarch).

Best 73’s

Laurent de F8CZI

I received mail from the Italian SOTA manager - Carlo that Ernesto worked from I/CA-309 which summit in this moment is valid only for the Italian SOTA program - and sill pending the International SOTA.

Damjan
Z35BY

In reply to Z35BY:

It seems that in order to get a Spot I/CA-309 was entered as I/CA-308. I/CA-309 is not a valid SOTA summit, and it isn’t even on the list of proposed updates that is still pending due to the need to sort out some difficulties.

Unfortunately, in accordance with the Rules of SOTA, even if CA-309 were to become a valid SOTA summit in the future, activations and chases before its “valid from” date cannot count for SOTA.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Unfortunately, in accordance with the Rules of SOTA, even if CA-309
were to become a valid SOTA summit in the future, activations and
chases before its “valid from” date cannot count for SOTA.

Thanks for the clarification Brian. What would happen to existing activation and chaser points if a summit was demoted through updates etc.?

Thanks

Colwyn MM0YCJ

In reply to MM6YCJ:

There have been many cases where resurveying has found that summits don’t qualify. What happens is that a date for demotion is published, often giving a few months chance for people to still bag the summit. Once that date is reached, the summit is removed from the valid list. You can still log activations or chases that occured before this date but not after. Points earned, unique status etc. remain with the activator and chasers.

Andy
MM0FMF