How do i log this contact

In reply to G3NYY:

“Slash” is a product of the computer age.

I think you’ll find, he’s the former lead guitarist with Guns N’ Roses, Walt
:wink:

Mick 2E0YYY

In reply to G3NYY:

'EYP assured me…

I have always had the report, when requested, by return email, Walt. Are you asking the right person?

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Me too. Perhaps Walt’s spam trap is overzealous?

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M0LEP:

".and just what is the approved phonetic for “/” these days? "

I really have no idea, but after trying “Stroke” & “Slash” or maybe even “Portable” which is sometimes used, although “Portable, portable” may lead to even more confusion.

Before abandoning all hope, I would simply use “dah di di dah dit” on voice, or some derivation of it (Whistled perhaps?).

You may be pleasantly surprised at just how many stations that may not be familiar with Western language, still recognise the voice version of a Morse “/”

Or just send your entire callsign in Morse :wink:

You see, It still has its uses :slight_smile:

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

Or just send your entire callsign in Morse :wink:

The QRM/N round Nairobi was bad enough that PSK31 didn’t work half the time, and my morse isn’t up to on-air use (yet… it’s a s-l-o-w learning process for me, apparently) so SSB was all I had. Next time, maybe, morse will be an option… :wink:

Still, best DX was with VE3YJ in Guelph, a distance of over 12250 kms on 5 watts SSB.

73, Rick M0LEP

In reply to M1EYP:

'EYP assured me…

I have always had the report, when requested, by return email, Walt.
Are you asking the right person?

I am asking the Chairman of the Contests Committee, at the address they give for enquiries in the Contest Rules.

“Any queries about the contests, or cases of dispute should be addressed to the RSGB CC Chairman, telephone number: 0118 972 4192, evenings/weekends. E-mail chairman@rsgbcc.org

My query was sent by email on 7th June and no reply has been forthcoming.

Walt (G3NYY)

'EYP assured me…

I have always had the report, when requested, by return email, Walt.
Are you asking the right person?

I am asking the Chairman of the Contests Committee

But I had originally said:

If you email the contest adjudicator, you can request a copy of your UBN…

Try asking the adjudicator of the contest concerned. A link to the email is included in the results page. If it is the May 6m UKAC that you want to check, then it is Roger G4BVY via G4BVY@rsgbcc.org

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

But I had originally said:

If you email the contest adjudicator, you can request a copy of
your UBN…

Try asking the adjudicator of the contest concerned. A link to the
email is included in the results page. If it is the May 6m UKAC that
you want to check, then it is Roger G4BVY via G4BVY@rsgbcc.org

Thanks, Tom. I’ll try again. I had followed the instructions given in the General Rules. It still does not excuse them for failing to reply.

Walt (G3NYY)

Well, maybe the person, who I assume is a volunteer, was on holiday perhaps?

In any case, it appears the system if fully “up and running” now, because when the June 70cm UKAC results were announced, I automatically received my UBN report in the email - I hadn’t even requested it.

So it seems at results time now, all participants will get their own UBN report in their email. I am looking forward to the 50MHz results from June, because I worked a lot of DX on CW, most of which gave me the dreaded 001 serial number back! Hopefully you worked them as well Walt later in the contest!

If I am allowed to keep those contacts, I have won. If I lose them, I have lost!

Tom M1EYP

In any case, it appears the system if fully “up and running”
now, because when the June 70cm UKAC results were announced, I
automatically received my UBN report in the email - I hadn’t even
requested it.

That seems to the case Tom. After the June 2m UKAC results came out I automatically received a UBN for one of my QSO’s.

I did hear you in QSO on Tuesday night from Swindon, but alas couldn’t find you afterwards to attempt to work you. Well done to Jimmy though, whose certainly upped his QSO rate the last couple of contests!

Jonathan
M6HBS

The RSGB UBN system of reporting logging errors in contests must be a new thing Tom. I did not know about it until this week. I’ve been taking part in the RSGB Club Calls Contests on 80m for around 18 months now and this week received my first UBN report for the Data Contest held in June. So the system must be set up for RSGB HF and VHF Contests.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

I also recived a UBN report for my May CW entry in the club championship this week, I’ve never had one before for either VHF or HF contests.

Thankfully only one error Hi!

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

I also recived a UBN report for my May CW entry in the club
championship this week, I’ve never had one before for either VHF or HF
contests.

Thankfully only one error Hi!

I also received one for the Second 144 MHz Backpackers Contest, without asking for it. They must be sending them out routinely to every entrant now.

I also had one error, which annoyingly was a typo when I transcribed my paper log to the on-line log generator. Grrrrr! I missed out the stroke in G2AS/P. :frowning:

Walt (G3NYY)