Holiday near Peebles

Martyn M1MAJ and Caroline M3ZCB are off on another SOTA holiday. Travelling to Blackpool tomorrow 13th and then the holiday proper is Friday 15th to 22nd June. We’re staying at Castlehill in Kirton Manor near Peebles, and hope to activate several GM/SS summits during the week, weather permitting. We may also manage some brief activations en route. Main bands likely to be 145-FM, 144-SSB and 5-SSB. The dipole now has links for 7MHz so we may also give 7-SSB a go, especially if Caroline has trouble qualifying on VHF. We will try to post alerts but it isn’t always possible; often by the time we know where we are going and have a reasonable ETA, there’s no GPRS coverage. We’re not very good at getting an early start, so our activations are likely to be mid to late afternoon.

In reply to M1MAJ:

"The dipole now has links for 7MHz so we may also give 7-SSB a go, especially if Caroline has trouble qualifying on VHF. "

It`s certainly worth a look on 40m or 10m - you never know, you could work me on some tasty French or German summits on 20,21 & 23 June.

73 Steve G1INK.

In reply to M1MAJ:

hope to activate several GM/SS summits during the week

Well there’s no shortage of gorgeous hills around there. I should know… I’ve been having a whale of time on them. If you’re not sure you’ll be able to alert which hills you’re doing I’ll steer well clear of that area and will go North or well West on Sunday and leave you to play. I’ve got a “stag night” on Saturday that starts in the morning involving shotguns, hovercraft, racing buggies followed with beer and curry so I might not be in a fit state to do anything on Sunday! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to an S2S with you on Sunday (Saturday’s activities permitting.)

Andy
MM0FMF