Heard yet of the Xiegu X6100?

$0.09, pretty good deal if you ask me…

2 Likes

Especially when using the $10 discount after signing up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A few samples have apparently made it to customers. Josh is giving it a first look on his Youtube channel:

It’s still too early to say whether it’s a game changing TRX for SOTA in terms of cost/size/features/performance/durability trade-off!

1 Like

Josh had a pre-production model with lots of features not working or simply missing - he is waiting for the real production model to arrive.

Pre-orders are being handled in batches. The third batch has just been opened with expected delivery for these orders in February 2022. Those who got in on the first pre-order batch a couple of months ago, should be starting to receive their radios about now.

73 Ed.

1 Like

From video: 0.8A current consumption on receive! Is it normal for portable radio? Or I missing something in HAM for past few years =)

Seems excessive. FT817 is around 400 mA, KX3 and IC703 are around 220-250 mA.

1 Like

Remember this was a pre-Production model that Josh had.
My guess is that the colour LED screen with SDR waterfall display is a big draw on receive current and if that can be turned off, it will make a difference (it does on the G90).

To really know, we’ll need to wait until someone gets the first of the true production run X6100s with all the features working (including the ability to disable the display) and posts a review of it.

73 Ed.

Xiegu in his ADS very often compares 6100 with ic705. But ic705 uses on RX two times less (300-400mA) than x6100.

KX3 190 mA, IC-703 360-400mA with low lights.

73, Peter - HB9PJT

This from the Radioddity website: at : Xiegu X6100 HF Transceiver | Full Mode | SDR Radio

X6100 - Current consumption: Standby: 330mA (Max) | Transmit: 3A (Max)

I would presume on standby, the receiver would be running but with the LCD off most likely.

That suggests that the pre-production model that Josh reviewed was not meeting the published specifications - HEY it was a pre-production model after all!

73 Ed.

And at €565 in the EU, it’s somewhat cheaper than the IC705 and KX3, so it would not surprise me if those two are better radios. But then again, until we see an actual production model we wont know everything that the X6100 can really do.

1 Like