our good SOTA-friend Nik (HB9EAA).
He was only 48 years old.

With him we miss one of the first SOTA-activators
and chaser from Switzerland.
He was one of the founders of SOTA-HB.

Rest in Peace
Vy73 de Fritz HB9CSA,DL4FDM

In reply to DL4FDM:

I am very sorry to read this news Fritz. Nik was a regular caller from the early days of SOTA and I will certainly miss his calls on 40m.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to DL4FDM:
Likewise, I’m very sorry to hear the sad news about Nik.

RIP

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to DL4FDM:
Very sad news indeed. Deepest condoleances to “Ewy” who was the hiking partner of Nick.
I will not forget our common SOTA activities.
R I P Nick

73 kurt HB9AFI

In reply to DL4FDM:

I have read on QRZ.com. His main interests ware IOTA and SOTA and HF-QRP.
A beautiful photograph from an activation HB/BE-088 can be seen on QRZ.com. I never met him, not in visu or on the bands. He is not in my logbook. PSE may I ask for whatever reason he has gone Sk. For whatever reason, 48 years old is too soon !

Can I bring via these way homage and my sincere condoleances to the family.

R.I.P

Luc ON6DSL and Xyl Annemie and family
Nick ON3DSN - Liesbeth and Tim - Vanessa and Thys

In reply to DL4FDM:

Three QSOs in my log with Nik HB9EAA. I think I had also a brief email exchange with him, because Kurt HB9AFI told me that I should tell him about my first time activation of Cape au Moine 2352 m. This was the time SOTA France did not exist yet and I had no intention to start SOTA Finland.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to DL4FDM:
So sad to hr abt Nik,ive wkd him mny times on cw,my last qso wid Nik
was on 29 July 08,he was on HB/JU-004 Misteli, A sad loss of a great Sota man,

R I P Nik,73 de Geoff G4CPA .

In reply to DL4FDM:

Very sad to hear about Nik/HB9EAA. Worked him last on the 12th October 2008 and many times before that.
Sincerest condolences to his family. RIP

David/G4CMQ

In reply to G4CMQ:

It was always a pleasure to work Nik with his 5w QRP activations. He was a regular in my log.

He will be sadly missed.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to DL4FDM:

Very sorry to hear of the passing of Nik HB9EAA. I see from my logbook that we had QSOs from about 20 summits. My last contact was on this day exactly one year ago.

Rest in Peace

73 de Pete EI7CC

In reply to DL4FDM:

This is very sad news to hear of the loss of Nik HB9EAA. I have many log entries of Nik, he will be sadly missed.

My condolences go to Nik’s family, may he R.I.P.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to DL4FDM:

Very sad news Fritz. Nik was a well known SOTA call, many times in my log.

73 ALain F6ENO

In reply to DL4FDM:
Dear Fritz
Really sad info. I met him often on the air.
Rest in peace.

Andre - f5ukl

Very sad news indeed, and at a very young age. Deepest condolences to all Nik’s family and friends. His callsign appears 14 times in my activator log, including my MG activation in 2007.

RIP

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
What sad news, I had the opportunity to contact several times Nick, OM who was a charming and an excellent operator. Rest in peace Nick.
All our thoughts are with his family in these sad moments
f5nep Lionel

In reply to ALL:

http://www.hb9eaa.ch/hb9eaa/english.htm

In reply to DL4FDM:

Very sad news Fritz, it was always a pleasure to chase Nik and I met him many times when he was out for SOTA. In the early days of SOTA he would sent me a e-mail to let me know where and when he was going. My condolences to his family and may Nik rest in peace!

73, Age - PA0XAW

In reply to DL4FDM:
I am very sorry to read this sad news about Nick.I will miss him in the SOTA-family.
My deepest condoleces to EMY and the family.

Rest in Peace Nick.
Vy 73’s Hansruedi, HB9BHW

Very sad news !
Nik was a great SOTA - OP ! We will never forget him !
My sincerest condolences to his family
Ben DL2DXA

In reply to DL4FDM:
As everybody, I am very saddened by this sad information, Fritz. Especially in this young age ! Rest in Peace Nick.
My thoughts also go to his family to help it to surmount this very difficult moment.
Dismal 73, Andy F5AKL.