HB9DIZ 2x Mountain Goat

Congratulations Markus, @HB9DIZ, for reaching 2000 activator points in todays activation of HB/NW-014.
Was a pleasure to work you S2S on your double goat activation!

73 de Michael, DB7MM

12 Likes

Congratulations Markus for 2X MG :+1:

73 Éric

2 Likes

Congrats, Markus!

73 Jens, HB9EKO

2 Likes

Hello Markus,

also from me Congratulations on reaching the second mountain goat!

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Hello Markus,
congratulations on reaching „double goat“ :goat: :goat:

73, Roman

2 Likes

Nice job, Markus!
73, Paul HB9DST

2 Likes

Congratulations Markus and I hope for many more S2S with you!

73 Stephan

2 Likes

Gratuliere Markus,
Mach weiter so und bleib Gesund.
Danke fĂĽr die vielen Verbindungen.
GrĂĽĂźe
73 Heinrich IW3AGO

2 Likes

Gratulation Markus zur 2x :goat:
Danke fĂĽr deine vielen Berichte und den positiven Vibe :smiley:

73 Joe

2 Likes

Gratulation zu 2x Montain Goat. Hat mich gefreut, dass wir uns getroffen haben.
Besten Dank fĂĽr viele Verbindungen und den netten Austausch!
Beste 73
Paul DL6FBK

2 Likes

Hoi Markus

Auch von uns ganz herzliche Gratulation zur 2.Berggeiss :clap: :clap: Da hast Du ja auch mächtig Gas gegeben :+1:

Wir freuen uns schon aufs nächste S2S mit Dir - wahrscheinlich dann von einem “Schneeschuhgipfel” :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

2 Likes

congratz on the 2nd goat, many to come !

2 Likes

congratulations markus on MG2

2 Likes

Congratulations! Bob AC1Z

2 Likes

Dear Markus
Congratulations on behalf of the HB9SOTA Board to Markus on achieving double Mountain Goat status! Markus keeps extending his SOTA GOAT congratulations on the Reflector to all Swiss radio amateurs by means of very personalized messages. However, everyone who congratulated him in turn only used standard phrases, which I find rather sad. Presumably this is a sign of our times that many hams prefer reading (and consuming) to producing (texts). Once again: Heartfelt congratulations to Markus on his congratulatory texts and the double Mountain Goat. Keep writing your congratulatory texts on the SOTA Reflector!
73 de HB9BIN, JĂĽrg, President of HB9SOTA

3 Likes

Hi Markus
Congratulations on your double mountain goat! (I know I’m a bit late.) It’s always a pleasure for me to talk to you from another summit. So, many of my s2s QSOs I only could log thanks to your efforts. Keep going!
73, Fritz HB9CYX

2 Likes

Hi Markus

Gratulation zur zweifachen Geiss ! Freue mich auf eine gemeinsame Tour, irgendwann mal - du mit SSB oder FT8 ich mit CW . Weiterhin viel Spass mit SOTA !
73 s Bruno HB9CBR

2 Likes

Dear all

Thanks for all your congratulations on and for my 2nd Mountain Goat! It was a special day for me, not only because of the Goat itself, and I’d like to share my experience with you. No rain like for Goat #1 on the Czech-Austrian border, but also no bubbly.

A six-pointer was needed and Niederbauen, HB/NW-014, within reach for a Sunday trip to probably escape the fog. November 29, 2020, was announced to be the 2nd last beautiful day before heavy snowfall in the Alps. So I headed off to Emmetten for the gondola, well protected. The fog layer was said to be higher that day, but I could escape from it already with the gondola. The summer ascent was still well viable due to the lack of snow, but there were some icy portions on the upper half of the trail. Being careful was the only thing needed, it was ok without crampons ore snowshoes.

The summit of Mt. Niederbauen was a real paradise for the end of November. Bright sunshine, no wind and a white sea of fog at about 1,500 m.a.s.l. made this place somehow like from a different world. Other SOTA activators had had the same idea elsewhere, so a lot of work for the chasers at home. I enjoyed the summit for more than three hours and could collect 92 contacts on SSB and FM – my second best result so far.

Goat contact, i.e. QSO #4, was Lars, @SA4BLM, and I’d like to give you a special thanks, Lars: you are always one of my first callers on 20 m and with your reports always a good indicator for the propagation. Had seen a funny detail now after looking up your callsign on QRZ.com that my first name is your last name, hi.

So I’ll continue certainly, I like the idea behind SOTA too much to leave it now. But QRL and family commitments don’t leave me much time at the weekends at present. So season’s greetings to all of you, despite the present limitations. Let us look ahead again and again and hope for a better world!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

PS: Bubbly will follow next week!

7 Likes