HB9BXQ Renato is Switzerland’s 47th Mountain Goat

Congratulations to Renato, HB9BXQ, on his first SOTA Mountain Goat! He met his goat today on Hoher Randen, a modest hill just nearby the Swiss–German border. Renato has retired some years ago from the edu business and enjoys now a SOTA trip every couple of days.

Renato and I have known each other for more than 30 years of amateur radio. He is an institution among the Swiss radio amateurs, experienced, down to earth and originates from the Swiss canton Glarus. This canton has 1 entry, 1 backdoor, and the rest is encircled by mountains, many of them of a tougher style. You will notice that when you want to collect the two HB/GL summits needed for one of our HB9SOTA diplomas: they simply don’t have a simple hill! So my two day trips to Renato’s homeland are still a project. Maybe a joint activation with Renato will be a good approach?

Renato has been very active for HB9GL his local club of USKA, digital modes, the Swiss Amateur Radio Teleprinter Group and he enjoys CW. We had met around Packet Radio in the eighties when this new mode had woken up the establishment. He has proven perseverance now in a further area: Summits on the Air. Renato, enjoy your further activities, and many SOTA operators and I are looking forward to come back to your calls next time!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

12 Likes

Congratulations to Renato, 1 st MG but not the last one :wink:
I don’t know him for 30 years but I did many QSO with him (chasing, s2s).
And we had the great surprise to meet us on October 2020.
My son and I were doing our SOTA VOSGES Tour and we met us on the top of FL/VO-078.
When we arrived on the top, Renato was on pile-up.
Nice souvenir, I do hope next time we will take more time to talk each other
Encore un grand BRAVO pour le GOAT !
73 QRO

2 Likes

Congratulations Renato on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Hoi Renato

Auch von uns beiden herzliche Gratulation zum Mountain Goat :clap: :clap:
Wir freuen uns schon aufs nächste S2S mit Dir :grin: :grin:

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

Bravo Renato! Welcome to the herd!
73 Fabio

Hi Renato
The board of HB9SOTA congratulates to ur first MG. This will not the last one! See you soon on the air!
73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

Hoi Renato

ich schliess mich gerne den Gratulationen an und freue mich auf die nächsten S2S. Keep going
and have fun.

73 de Bruno HB9CBR

Hi Renato,

Congratulations also from my side as well.
Maybe we see each other again by chance on a summit, which was also great fun, especially explaining the “visitors” what we’re doing :wink:

73 Stephan

Bravo Renato !

Tnx for many QSOs.

73, Jarek

Congratulations, Renato!
73 Gary

Congrats, Renato,
Thank you very much for the 17 SOTA QSOs we’ve had so far, 3 of them being S2S.
I’ll be looking forward to many more.
Keep up the good work!

Guru

Congrats Renato, und danke für die QSOs/S2S

73 Jens HB9EKO

Congrats Renato!
Best 73, Ken

Congrats Renato, hope to catch you soon :)…

73 de CT2HOV

Auch aus EA8 - herzliche Gratulation Renato.
De EA8/HB9FIH Erich