Has the fun been removed from SOTA?

Well, the answer is a resounding no in my opinion, after a week of little chasing activity here in Blighty, as its been very quiet on all the bands up here in the NW UK, I was beginning to think SOTA had lost its charm. Then a little gem of a summit popped up on the alerts page,with one of our prolific activators atempting to “pull one” over on us by sneaking a cracking summit in on the “3 went daft” tour of Friedrichshafen. Take alook at Inky’s proposed activation on the 29th June, DL/EW-001, needless to say I need another flat panel monitor as mine is covered in half chewed bacon sandwich soaked in coffee !!!

Really brightened a somewhat dull morning.

Regards All
Lee

In reply to M0LMP:
The fun was removed by decision of management team.
Laws and orders has deleted the charm of sota!

73s sota, not more with me - my 750 activator points are deleted!

73 Jens dh0ls

In reply to DH0LS:

Well, Jens, I’m sorry if re-affirming the rules of SOTA has deleted its charm for you, this is a particular pity since you were three quarters of the way to Mountain Goat. Keep a record, and if ever you change your mind you will be welcomed back.

73, GL

Brian G8ADD

PS Does anyone want to explain the humour of Inky’s comment for the benefit of those participants who might not have a grasp of colloquial English? …I thought not!

In reply to G8ADD:

I think it has something to do with the summit name Brian.

Mike

In reply to G8ADD:

PS Does anyone want to explain the humour of Inky’s comment for the
benefit of those participants who might not have a grasp of colloquial
English? …I thought not!

No need to be coy about this; Wikipedia’s disambiguation page explains the matter succinctly.

In reply to M1MAJ:

I could do the job myself in about 10 words but this isn’t the place! And if “disambiguation” is a valid word - it ruddy well shouldn’t be! Mind you, I bet there will be a succession of stations asking Steve what the name of the hill is, all innocent, like;-)

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Well if I get asked Brian, in my best German accent I shall reply Vank!!

73 Mike

In reply to G8ADD:

And if “disambiguation” is a valid word - it ruddy well
shouldn’t be!

It’s in the OED; earliest citation 1827. Much older than the word that started this thread, which is only traced back to 1948.

In reply to M1MAJ:

At the end of the day I hope my back is up to it, let’s hope we can pull it off. After all it’s a big one!!

Mike

In reply to M1MAJ:
Well, it’s not the only ugly word in the OED!

Brian G8ADD