Hamsticks Is Anyone Using Them?

I have a couple of those style antennas I use on a body mount on a steel plate on the Landy. I found there are two styles, ones were you can unscrew the the two halves and leave the whip adjusted and the type were the whip comes out and needs resetting each time. I too have pondered the option for a crowded summit as a means of being able to get on HF

1 Like

I usually take a 6m mast and a linked or OCF dipole to a summit. On some occasions, for special antennas, that becomes a 10m pole with a surveyor’s tripod to support it but I always have packed inside my 45L rucksack, as a backup, a small photo tripod and the Kominica Power HF-PRO2-PLUS-T and 8 x 3m radial wires. The dipole generally works better but the HF-PRO2 always works even in limited spaces or on a busy summit.

As of about 6 months ago, there are Chinese copies of the Komunica HF-PRO2 antenna on the market - please avoid these and support the Spanish designers of the antenna. Unfortunately when construction happens in the Far East IP theft is very common. The Komunica antenna managed almost 5 years before it was fraudulently copied and sold under various other names.

73 Ed.

1 Like