Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy

I worked Ralf DH3IAJ on 28MHz and 14MHz today. We, the SOTA people, are meeting up at 1300 on Saturday at the meeting point in the foyer. Hope to see you there. I will be activating the bar as well - I got a taste for wheat beer last year.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy

I worked Ralf DH3IAJ on 28MHz and 14MHz today. We, the SOTA people, are meeting up at 1300 on Saturday at the meeting point in the foyer. Hope to see you there. I will be activating the bar as well - I got a taste for wheat beer last year.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

Sorry I missed this post and was away by 10am on Thursday. I was without any web access whilst away. Actually I refuse to pay Orange’s roaming data charges so I couldn’t check the reflector.

Sorry to miss everyone, I did keep an eagle eye out but I didn’t see John or INKy. Oh well never mind, there’s always next year. I did get a Palm Paddle amongst other things and have been playing with it since arriving back. I thought getting my speed back on receiving morse was hard enough never mind trying to get mind around Iambic keying! :slight_smile:

I reckon I need to activate 8 or so summits this weekend to work off all the beer, sausage and strudel that was quoffed.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi Andy,
hope also to meet you next year. You got a Palm Paddle? You are in good company, cause Steve and myself bought also this nice keyer. Saw it with Klaus and was faszinated. Now I have to train myself keying with it, so one day I want to be also qrv in this mode from the summits.

73, Ralf DH3IAJ

In reply to MM0FMF:

It was great to meet all the SOTA people at Friedrichshafen. I will try to get the photos on the Flickr SOTA group over the next day or so. If anyone wants a sneak preview they are on my photostream, but they don’t have any meaningful titles or descriptions yet.

Imgur

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

All my Friedrichshafen photographs now have notes. A selection are on the SOTA group. All (approx 30) are on my photostream. 73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:
Hi John,
very nice photos…
thank you…

vy 73 Klaus

ps.: the om with the ??? is Andy,DL2LUX

In reply to DF2GN:
Hi Klaus.

Thanks for that - I only spoke to Andy briefly. Could you also give me the names/calls of the people in red and blue in this photo.

Imgur

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:
Hi John,
in red it’s Hagen DG4PB, in blue is Kim DG9VH. Thanks for the pictures, John.

73, Ralf DH3IAJ

In reply to DH3IAJ:

Thanks Ralf. Great to chat to you at the show.

73 John GW4BVE