HA5MA/p and HA5LV/p spots on 8th April

We were activate the summit of HA/KD-017 yesterday, 07 April. For some reason my SMS-spots got stucked and appeared on SOTAwatch today, 1 day later. I am sorry for inconvenience. 73 Viktor HA5LV

No problem Viktor - I thought it was strange that you would be on HA/KD-017 again having worked you yesterday, especially as I could not hear you today !!

Look for you on your next SOTA activation

73 Graham G3OHC

In reply to G3OHC: Thank you Graham. The local SMS-gateway will be revised to avoid further mistakes.
Thank you for all QSOs, see you soon again.

73 Viktor HA5LV
http://ha5lv.hu/sota/

In reply to ALL:

I did not know this that I could send an SMS spot !
Can someone explain to me how it works to send a SMS spot to the SOTA website sota watch2 ?

73 Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:
we develope a public SpotSMS (sms->spot) and SpotAPRS (aprs->spot) gateway, but it’s still on test phase. We have yet to work on it.

Zsolt
HG4UK

In reply to HG4UK:

Hello, Zsolt,

A public SpotSMS (sms->spot) … that would be something nice.
When it is going internationally (I hope so) that would be wonderful !

At this moment I have no internet on my (QRL) GSM cell phone. I must always rely via sms or so that I aime QRV on the summit to someone else: Xyl, my son, one of my friends “if they are qrv at home” or … have much luck that I (we) work someone from the sota program and want to make a spot. Sometimes is it also that there is no possibility for internet on the summit but still can send an SMS.
My son Nick ON3DSN has a cellphone with internet … we have already tried several times to connect to the sota watch2, but for some reason it is always a failure.

Thanks fur info and I wish you good luck with the project. Succes !!!

73 Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:

Hello Luc,

everybody will be able to use it who has Sotawatch ID/password (and mobile phone 8-)).
The gateway has hungarian mobile number.
Can you tell me, please, the price of an SMS to Hungary?

Zsolt
HG4UK

In reply to HG4UK:

Hello Zsolt,

For Hungary I do not know the price of a SMS.
At the moment my daughter stay in Austria … for a SMS to Austria is the cost price 12 euro-cents (0.12 €/SMS).
So I suppose that will be the same for Hungary.

Luc ON6DSL