GW4VPX/P S2S 5000 POINTS

Well done Allan, fantastic achievement. It was great to get you today from EA6/MA-017 (and of course all the others along the way)

73 Victor EA6/G4ONL

1 Like

Well done Allan and many thanks for the contacts along the way.
Also thanks from M6BWA for her s2s’, especially on 70cm.
Extra thanks for the s2s today - you must have had a long wait :slight_smile:
Rod and Vicki

1 Like

Hi Allan
Congratulations on achieving 5k s2s points.
Nick

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

It’s been a long journey since my first s2s with Ricky MW6GWR/P on the 28th March 2013. As David G0EVV pointed out above ‘a lot of time in the cold and the rain’ but also some wonderful days in the sunshine hanging around for Activators to reach their summits to utter those words ‘summit to summit’.

A big thank you to all the Activators, the ones who would ‘hang around’ and wait for me to reach my summit and also to numerous Chasers who made some of those s2s ‘happen’…you know who you are.

Thanks to the LD s2s weekend I only needed 7 points yesterday to hit the 5000 so I took everything except the kitchen sink to the summit to ensure success. I could have left all of it behind as my first contact on the handheld was with David GW8NZN/p on Moel Siabod GW/NW-010 giving me 8 + 1 points…mission accomplished…thanks David. Spent the next few hours playing radio and trying out a few new ideas. I took advantage of the fact that I had carried the FT857 to the summit so I gave some of the chasers a clear and loud signal :slightly_smiling_face:

Now on to the next challenge…

73 Allan GW4VPX

Everything except the kitchen sink…

QRO today…

The Trig on Hafod Ithel…Cardigan Bay in the distance…glorious day

3 Likes